35 best quotes George Bernard Shaw

Life experience and wisdom from one of the most prominent writers and philosophers of his time

George Bernard Shaw - English writer, philosopher and outstanding
critic of his time. He is the only person who simultaneously
and awarded the "Oscar" for the screenplay of the film "Pygmalion»,
and the Nobel Prize in Literature.

Shaw admitted that learned nothing in school that he attended. He knew a lot of the books of Shakespeare, Bunyan, Dickens, the Bible, Arabian Nights, as well as from the operas in which his mother sang. His vast experience and wisdom reflected in the brilliant plays and perceptive remarks.

Best quote George Bernard Shaw:

About life
The world consists of slackers who want to have money without working, and idiots who are willing to work, not the rich man.
He who knows, does one who can not - he teaches others.
Aging boring, but this is the only way to live a long time.
The sense of objective perception of reality people do not possess, is often called cynicism.
Not the thief who steals and the one who was caught.
Spirits - this anesthesia, which allows transfer operation called life.
Try to get something that you love, otherwise you'll fall in love with what they got.
On relations
The biggest sin against one's neighbor - did not hate, but indifference; This is the true peak of inhumanity.
Hate - the coward's revenge for the fear they experienced.
Dance - is a vertical expression of a horizontal desire.
Ideal husband - a man who believes that he perfect wife.
Sometimes you have to laugh people, to distract them from their intention to hang you.
Sincere be dangerous, especially if you are on top stupid.
We have no right to consume happiness without producing it.
Marriage - is an avalanche that boy and girl bring down on his head, reaching for a flower.
On the women
It is easier to live with a passionate woman than with a boring. However, they are sometimes stifled, but rarely drop.
There is no woman who managed to say "goodbye" less than thirty words.
Women somehow immediately guess who we're ready to change them. Sometimes even before it comes to mind.
Of ideas, talent and titles
Common sense and hard work to compensate for your lack of talent, then you can be a genius of geniuses, but foolishly ruined her life.
My fame grew with each of my failure.
Ranks and titles invented for those whose services to the nation are undeniable, but the people of this country are unknown.
If you have an apple and I have an apple, and if we exchange these apples then you and I have one apple. And if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.
On the history
Newspaper - this organ, not seeing the difference between the fall of the bike and the collapse of civilization.
Revolution never eased the burden of tyranny; they merely shifted the burden from one shoulder to the other.
If my neighbor beats his wife every day, and I - never, in the light of the statistics we both beat his wife the next day.
The only lesson to be learned from history is that people do not take any lessons from history.
Democracy - a balloon that hangs over your head and makes staring upward until the other people you rummage through his pockets.
Oh man
A person who does not believe in anything, afraid of everything.
Man - as a brick: roasting, it hardens.
Only a fool can celebrate the years of death approaches.
Nature abhors a vacuum: there, where people do not know the truth, they fill gaps conjecture.
Rich people, who have no convictions are more dangerous in modern society than poor women who have no morals.
A reasonable person adapts to the world; foolish trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, progress is always dependent on the unreasonable.
Reputation - a mask that a person has to wear the same way as the pants or jacket.
Now that we have learned to fly the air like birds, swim under water like fish, we lack only one thing: to learn to live on earth as a human.

Tags

See also

New and interesting