1. It turns out that there is a rating of the unfairly high salaries. First place in it for many years occupied by real estate agents!
2. The famous capitalist Henry Ford ever went down in history for its wide gesture. 11 years after the founding of its automobile plant it in one day doubled the salaries of all employees. After that, the workers themselves have started to buy cars Ford.
3. Once the workers of one of Thomas Edison's factory went on strike, demanding a raise. The great inventor Edison did just - he made some inventions that have made the work of these workers is absolutely unnecessary.
4. The smallest wages in the world get UN Goodwill Ambassador. Gerry Halliwell, Sting, Elton John, Michael Douglas, Stevie Wonder, Luciano Pavarotti and many others received in this position salary of 1 dollar per year.
5. In Japan, the employer solid increases employee salary if he has the ability to work from home. This employer saves on expensive office space and equipment of the workplace.
6. Employees of British companies have received legitimate interest in the level of salaries of their colleagues. Employers are now required to disclose all information about the salary of employees. Although experts fear that the law will lead to a deterioration of the atmosphere in collectives.
7. In England, women are paid on average 17% less than men. A woman in Russia - 26% less.
8. Scientists have calculated the best time to ask for a pay rise - is Wednesday of each week. On Wednesday afternoon, four of the five bosses prefer to discuss salary, according to psychologists, based on statistical data.
9. Generalissimo Suvorov usually changed his entire salary on silver rubles, and after the battle awarded distinguished soldiers. They considered it an honor to do a coin hole and hang it on his chest.
10. In many European offices and firms on the wall hangs a poster that says: "Remember, you're getting paid by customers!".
11. Apple's CEO has been world famous for its legendary salary - only $ 1 a year. However, for services to the company's board of directors annually to award him the sum of 70 million dollars.
12. The author of the book "Alice in Wonderland" by Lewis Carroll published his tale great for those times circulation - 150,000 copies. After that, Carroll turned to the college, where he worked with the request ... to lower his salary. Because royalties from the book is quite enough for a comfortable life.
13. Once the bus drivers in Hong Kong demanded higher wages. Otherwise, they threatened that will go without breaking the traffic rules! Local authorities began to fear that on congested city streets it will lead to traffic jams. And wages for drivers.