Expat life in China -2.

Actually, considering how was seen the previous report of the expat life in China that people are interested. In fact, continue to report that the campaign spreading pictures that just in the past were not included. And I'll start with what I came here (to study) in 辽宁 科技 大学 (Liaoning University of Science and Technology).

Post - is not an accordion. Photos in the subject completely new, and the theme with a similar name (my) this has nothing to do.

So, so here I was met by a clear winter day, January 28 main entrance to the local temple of science Anshan City, Liaoning Province. Photos not winter, because at the time of arrival after three connections at three airports, I dreamed only of the soul and the bed.

Frankly, writing the post I was inspired by one of the members of the forum, confused and vague in describing the vile Chinese (dirty and smelly), how local transportation, terrible room in a hostel. And myself and "dochu" - white and fluffy angels, the evil will of fate was in the abode of dirt and stench. Let's not point fingers ...

I have long splash of bile from the likes of "chronicles", but this case has angered me too. Especially after the passage about the room. Here is my "modest" Dorm room for which I paid 750 yuan per month (about $ 150). Two people, an area of ​​about 20 squares. Air conditioning, internet access, shower.

This is how looks the local klopovnik and gadyushnik called "student cafeteria." The stench, dirt and impurities in the form of Chinese and their food flock here every day to eat 7-10 yuan ready kit dishes (套餐) of rice, a meat dish and a pair of vegetable.

Okay, tying with style, pair a bit later and continue at a normal pace.

Student dining here special. Prices are unrealistically low. This is due to the fact that the students are not allowed to cook in the hostel. The logic is clear - forbidden to cook - gave place where you can cheaply and eat normally.

For example - chicken leg + salad + rice + + a couple of eggs plate of local "soup" "chou" dispensed at 11 yuan (about one and a half dollars)

But the typical lunch of a Chinese student. Which strongly limit, but also very supportive. Generally, this should dwell.

About the fact that he can not cook, I already wrote. Just living in the same room for 6-8 people. But he pays for it about 100-200 yuan per year (!!). Their dorm is no hot water - also a fact. But on campus there are plenty of showers for 2 yuan.

Hostels, by the way, are divided into male and female. Foreigners are not allowed there too.

These things building - University Library. Very curious place.

Since accommodation in hostels categorically not enough, all the students practically all free time in libraries. Some learn some come to play on the computer or surf the Internet. First date (!) Girl I was also nominated in the library (and Sunday at 8 am). The efficiency of their phenomenal and everyone knows that competition in the labor market is huge. Therefore, reading about the horrible working conditions in Chinese factories and meager wages do not forget that work there are mainly those who do not want to be educated, to plow and what he wants. People with higher education may count on the normal wage and a normal life.

About technology - each student is issued such a student card with NFC-chip. On campus there is cash, which you can fill up your student (as a phrase that sounds, huh?) And pay in stores, canteens, for internet cafes and a whole slew of nishtyakov. If you wish - in urban transport. Convenient for two reasons - canteen staff are not dirty hands with money, and you have not soared about little things and putting. Plus, thanks to this chip can not carry your passport (he needed to buy tickets), and much more.学生 证 and 身份证 - two documents, only the first - for students, and the second - the domestic Chinese passport. The form of the same.

About the ordinary local transport. Again, according to some squeamish angels in the flesh, "smelly, slow and ancient, like a lizard crawling on roads and spewing smoke and stench" (free interpretation of his perturbed passage. I'm sorry, was distracted.

Here are now allowed on the bus routes with a large number of passengers. Since no trolleybus or tram here especially do not like, then dispense buses.

As for local roads. They are ideal. Find a hole or a pothole in China is as difficult as in Germany or the United States. When I saw the repair of pipes, or something like that, I always watched their thickness. About half a meter of gravel and asphalt thirty centimeters. And then I remembered bitterly vtaptyvanie feet (!) In the rain (!) Asphalt pothole in the village. Dimer the Kiev region, where I also had the good fortune to work (though not for long).

As for local housing. It is different. And the bad and good. Brick houses there is almost nowhere. All or concrete or panels. Central heating is virtually absent as a class (air conditioning). Central hot water supply is not present almost anywhere.

Lighting in stairwells are not even provided the project (I'm talking about the old house, like mine). Before each door a button, the approach push - the lights go out. Because "who will pay for lighting the entrance." This here zhmotstvo.

As for trains, by the way. High-speed rail \ d actively being built, but there are areas where more simply did not have time, and there are areas where it is simply impractical (to Urumqi, Lhasa, Hohhot). But a large turnover, and Mercantile piece of hardware is needed. There are shuttle trains here. Comfort, of course not the same, but the price is appropriate ...

For a trip of 120 miles, I gave 15 yuan. At the same time the car had air conditioning. And relatively soft seats.

By the way, only here there is such a thing as 无 座 票 (ticket without a seat). That is the whole trip you stand (or sit on the floor in the vestibule - as lucky). Then the ticket price falls generally to kopecks.

I just had to take the night train to Tianjin. In general car. People are sleeping under the seats, in lobbies, toilets). And all of them transcend, as if nothing had happened. The spectacle is not for the faint of heart.

That way the interior of the train itself. Do not forget about the price. By the way, the speed he keeps around 110-120 km \ h

And what about the relationship of the Chinese to you. Wrote MR. Unsatisfied, the Chinese do not feed bread, give pozloslovit about laovaya Baisi and come in large numbers, because they do not understand what it is. Here is an example of the most common conversations I hear in transport:

Case 1: "Wow, what a high. Oh, and some pretty. Interestingly, he has a girlfriend? .. Imagine if he understood what we're talking about. Hee-hee-hee. If a mood I am pleased to enter into conversation, and enjoy their embarrassment ... »

Case 2: "Damn, I wonder where he is. America? No, not like. England - yes like no. "And they are wondering ...

Insults and mats I've heard only once - from a drunken Chinese nightclub that interfere leave the car park.

And in general, I think (this is again to the infuriated me to the bone Stranger), if you have a positive mind, then around, too, all will be well and nice. If you are in any view by seeing shit, then ... you understand.

This subway is here. And people are local, if someone does not understand -)

I'll even say this (just shh, secret). For the Chinese hospitality - not an empty phrase. And for him to bluff coolest. Second, even a greater extent. Therefore, if a Chinese friend invites you to a restaurant (cafe, cinema), you know - he will pay, too. Maybe the fact that I smile and try to talk to them in the same language, but not viciously zyrkaet from under shaggy eyebrows thoughts "kill all chilavekaff»?

As for the language - to dilute the negative mood, and bring a couple of funny moments.

Chinese - tone. And depending on the tone of a syllable can mean completely different things. For example, the phrase 请问 你 (qǐng wèn nǐ) - «May I ask," how to read is 请 吻 你 (qǐng wén nǐ) means "Let me kiss you." Now I understand why she was so wild crazed eyes ...

Another word 密码 你 妈 (mǐmǎ and nǐmā) are very similar in sound. Only the first stands for "password", and the second - & quot; ... your mother & quot ;. That's just a bank teller was surprised when I "forgot how to have your mother».

And so on, can not suffice. But with a smile and a table just such Chinese hot pots in a warm company.

Speaking of food. Not some restaurants are alive. There is a huge amount every street stolovok (chifanek), snack bars and "chuarok" (kebab). Authentic Chinese cuisine can be tasted only here in such institutions. Cheap and cheerful.

So looks like my usual breakfast - 包子 (tortilla with meat) and eggs in soy sauce. Tea for breakfast then do not drink (like coffee). About tea - a little further

Grrr, why rush to transfer the unfinished theme from the incubator ... Okay, continue.

A tea ceremony - is something separate. Wrote a lot of excitement and enthusiasm shout. I've been meaning do not understand. Not only is the time it takes uevu cloud, and the taste of tea I personally do not understand. Dearer to me instant coffee with lots of sugar and trash called "tea bag". Well, I'm not a fan in general.

Although in order to familiarize the tea ceremony I visited. Three hours of wasted time, and in the end about five pialok (30 grams of tea). No, the meaning is still not see.

Rinsed, brew, it's all right hand, tongs, take the left cup, pours from right to left in order of seniority. No, I'm not Chinese ...

Although the cost of just such ceremonies and utensils for them tends to infinity. I've been meaning so still do not understand. If you sell all the contents of the museum's tea where we were, it is possible to build an aircraft carrier ... Or the US national debt to pay ...

Here, for example, the cost of a modest teapot. Cap which I accidentally dropped. If it were not for the tablecloth on the table ... you would not be reading this post right now.

I personally have a sweeter pastime here ... I teach Chinese to drink from glasses (not cups of), snack, kissing brotherhood (Chinese women) and so on. They get drunk much faster than the Slavs still metabolism completely different ...

Even trips to the local karaoke. Also unforgettable impressions. This is generally the center of nightlife. If the Chinese have nowhere to sleep, I want to drink, but a little bit of money, rent a prostitute and another 100,500 different things - he goes to the KTV. Separate rooms, sofas, music drowns out everything - the best place to find not! ..

Well, do not break you post, be people ... A little left.

In the barber shop you can still go. Model haircut - 30 yuan. True, many Chinese go to the hairdresser just to wash my hair. I would, for example, would never have thought ... And they normally.

By the way, what about smoking. In hairdressing can be smoked. As elsewhere. The ban is, but he respected only where it is needed (in airplanes, movie theaters, schools). In other places, all smoke straight under the sign & quot; 禁止 抽烟 "

In sports to participate, whether (aliens as our college is also invited). Get out of there way Chinese students can not - discipline, sir. Come - sit and watch ...

Finally, you can go to the park, get to know someone. As young people have long passed into the online space, the old computer people have never seen. So they go to such an uncle here and fill the form. Age, I want to find, etc. And others go, choosing ... Nurses, wives, friends with the same interests ... the incident ...

Again, the report turned out confused and inarticulate. Seen strong feelings in my heart a lot. And people want to speak. This ends ...

Finally one more remark - about the quality of Chinese things. Many are stuck in the '90s, when the "Chinese" was synonymous with "crap." Now, all is not so. If the first copy of the Chinese AK-47, MiG-21, Ford and Subaru were only able to break down, but now the number slowly turns into quality, and Chinese replica is often worse than the original. Plus engineers gradually learn and develop their own. Example - Chinese phone 小米 手机 2 代. Which is so obviously better than peers, and obviously cheaper. Equipment from 华为 and ZTE are mobile operators around the world - from the US to Australia.

Finally I want to say - move away from the stereotypes ... But who knows, everyone will be at your ...

In the photo - Museum Shenyang aviakorporatsii. If the first plane very suspiciously like the AN-2, the latter is already moving away from the "roots". A recent development napodobii J-20 ... Then see ...

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting