Actually, now I am studying in China, which has already been posted in this topic.
Now actively exaggerated the Chinese theme, and ignorance of people about one of the greatest countries in the world is simply amazing. Under the cut - my observations about life here. I hope you will be interested.
Let's start with the fact that tell you that most scares people at the sight of all the Chinese - language. It is really scary ... But it is not as it seems at first glance:
1) The official name of the Chinese language - 中国 话 (zhōngguóhuà). Just call it 汉语 (hànyǔ speech or Hans).
2) There besschislennoe number of dialects. But recently, the most widely used (thanks to radio and television) took Beijing 普通话 (pǔtōnghuà)
3) Literacy in China has always been a lot of nobility. To study traditional characters had to spend ten years of life, which the farmer afford could not.
4) With time characters were simplified more and more, and competent respectively become more and more people.
5) And finally, thanks to Deng Xiaoping, in 1959, was introduced 拼音 (pīnyīn) - phonetic transcription characters, making the Chinese language has become possible to study as an ordinary foreigner. Examples - at the end of each response.
6) Chinese language - the language of tone, the same vowel can be pronounced in five different ways (no tone, even, rising, falling-ascending, descending) - well, ā, á, ǎ, à
7) At the same syllable in the same tone can account for a number of different characters - 行 (háng and xíng)
8) many crazy characters alike - 很 and 银, 问 and 间, 足 and 是, 找 and 我.
9) All this is due to the fact that absolutely all the characters are composed of keys (radicals). As an example - 好 (hǎo - good) - it consists of 女 (nǚ - female) and 子 (zi - child). As explained by this faculty - woman and a child - always good. But to understand this logic I personally can not afford.
10) does not look after the tone or unfinished extra point in the characters can be fun to run. As an example - the phrase "I sniffed it" and "I kissed her" - one syllable in a different tone. Just do not put two sticks in the characters to "sell" you can write "Buy»
11) But, most surprisingly, the Chinese themselves understand each other without these glotkorazdirayuschih hopping with tone on tone. Only we, the foreigners, so suffer ...
12) Pinyin cool like English, but this is possible and burn. The first thing we were told - forget your English. And it's true, as in the English pinyin read except "a" and "o».
13) Chinese Education begins with the fact that the herd healthy foreheads sitting, and the whole class wails syllables different tones. An eerie sight.
14) But apparently, as opposed to all of the above, elementary grammar. The absence of cases, declensions and childbirth, the same type and the same vsgda construction of phrases, the minimum number of prepositions. If not for the characters ...
15) In Chinese, there is no character that is read in more than one syllable
16) Foreign Languages are absolutely no respect. At the Beijing airport (where, logically, everyone must know at least a minimum, no one knew him (for comparison, in Charles de Gaulle to Barajas at Heathrow, employees knew the necessary background for at least 6-7 languages)).
17) For a foreigner LGIK in the language do not have any. We have to cram stupid, prescribing every character 50 times and repeating each word as many times. The only relief - after some time in unfamiliar words begin to meet more friends.
18) Here there is no virtually no words for which you can catch on like for something familiar (as examples, word problems, interests, etc., names of countries, cities in European languages are very similar)
19) Although there are a few words that even in the Russian sound similar. This tea (chá), coffee (kāfēi), and, oddly enough mom and dad (māma and bàba)
20) for each family member has a single word (!!!) for the elder and younger brother to elder and younger sisters, father and mother to the father and mother (and grandparents).
21) And the way they distorted the names of other countries and cities, over foreign names ... Ukraine - 乌克兰 [wūkèlán], Russia - 俄罗斯 [éluósī], etc. These are the countries for which the notation (in the track. Paragraph) is not found, and the chosen characters, most similar in sound.
22) But there are those countries for which there were signs (strange to awesome). United States - 美国 (měiguó), England - 英国 [yīngguó], France - 法国 [fǎguó]. The oddity is that the dismantling of hieroglyphics, America - a beautiful country, England - a heroic country, France - the country's laws. China - the median country. (中国 [zhōngguó])
23) Nope Chinese keyboards. All of them Pinyin input - you type in Latin (as in the example above) and select the desired character Tsiferki. It's very simple.
Oh, and ending with the language, a pair of images that illustrate the above.
Now for the more interesting - the Chinese people.
24) Everyone knows that the Chinese population is the largest in the world (over 1.3 billion people). But the focus is extremely uneven. Because in China, you can safely bring 50-60 percent of the territory and the population will not change. It's Xinjiang Uygur Region, Tibet and Inner Mongolia. 90% of the population is concentrated in the coastal zone.
25) In China, the largest number of megacities on the planet - more than twenty.
26) In view of the enormous scale of the population in China is strongly biased. For example, Anshan (city where I now study) in Liaoning Province, has 4 million inhabitants (with the agglomeration). But this is a terrible village of ihnim standards. For me it's crazy when walking down the main street, and not seeing the sun because of the skyscrapers, I tell you that you are in the village
27) Europeans for the Chinese - as the Scorpions visit the village Gadyukino. It's more than a shock. I sometimes scary (but what's the nice) walk around the city and parks where children shout, "Look, a foreigner", you are invited to take a picture, very beautiful girls right eye does not reduce (but handsome, I'm not, and the BMW X6 I no). Recently, in the regions frequented by foreigners, everything changes, but in the village (albeit with skyscrapers) all remain still
28) The people here are very unscrupulous. I would even say that they are pigs. Absolutely normal is smoking in dining rooms and in the corridors of the university, throwing all his feet, spitting and Harkany wherever falling. But, surprisingly, always clean. For a giant army wiper removes all almost in direct mode.
29) Spit is wanted on everything. In terms of all the rules, including TB. Having the right and two years experience behind the wheel, I'm not going away in the life of a Chinese road for such things as the traffic rules they simply do not (!!!) The only thing that is more or less comply with - so it does not go through a red light, but also then not always. I'm just not getting heart attacks during the transition streets and driving in transport. However, an accident, I did not see any, as well as traffic police. In general, Europeans do not understand
30) Naplevatelstvo covers everything except what is regulated by the state. There is already no Chinese will not do anything that is against the law. Somehow it happened that "figs with you, do whatever you want, but here, here and here do not try to climb." And most surprisingly, it turns out.
31) do not care for the government to its own people (though not all, specification, see. Below). What is forced displacement in Xinjiang during the time Xiaoping - "territory must be mastered" more than 10 million people. And other examples suffice - for example the almost complete lack of control over the quality of almost all products. When the population of a lot to him, perhaps, begin to treat disregard.
32) The genotype of Chinese is very monotonous. Always black hair is always low growth, and (for women) - always a small chest. Here I like the blond and with its 193 cm ochchen stand out ...
33) People are legally allowed to have more than one child. However, it concerns only the big cities, in the villages of no control. If you have one child - all right, two - to pay taxes. Three - tax progresses. Even reaching the forced sterilization (Wikipedia help)
34) More hamovatyh people I have not met too. Skip to the pedestrian crossing, hold the door for overtaking, I do not smoke to someone's face - what are you ...
35) The same applies to women. So blatant exploitation of women and men lack dzhentlmentstva - it's disgusting. A woman should know their place, but it is clearly higher than the position of the "workhorse»
36) Due to the above-mentioned lack of control over food, a lot of sick people. Those who can not afford imported food, you can always find a large group of spots on the cheeks - because of spicy food full of chemicals, the problem starts with the skin.
37) Accordingly, it is easy to define "elite" - the skin is not as yellow (tan - the lot of the plebeians), there is no problem with it.
38) There is the so-called "nine wolves" - the most respected profession. All I do not remember, but among them: the military, doctors, teachers (!), Officials (!!!), the police (!!!!!!), etc. They all have very high salaries and very great respect in society.
39) Perhaps because of the presence of the death penalty and valued profession (mainly police and officials). Corruption, trafficking in arms and drugs - the death penalty without discussion in the city square - lay down on the carpet and farts a bullet in the head.
40) Percentage of ugly people is enormous. Once the films (vulgar silent, not in the film) and a clip of Chinese women not imagine. And the beauty of men do not shine. Tozhet be so foreign demand for such big.
41) All frequently complain that the Chinese have filled their home country. But have you ever thought about the fact that China, too, filled with foreigners. In a large number of universities in learning Russian, Kazakh, all sreneaziatov and residents of the Middle East. As there is a significant number of Europeans and Americans. About the Koreans and Japanese, I generally keep quiet. So do not shout "come in large numbers»
42) About half of China's population - are illiterate. This is a huge success. In the middle of the twentieth century were illiterate 90% of the population.
This concludes with the people and move on to the economy and politics.
43) China ranks second in the world (after the US) at the nominal value of GDP. Calling China an underdeveloped country (as some of my friends "in China need a visa? Ha-ha-ha") is very silly.
44) In China all produce, all, everywhere and always. Almost any international corporation has manufacturing and assembly plants in China. Why - below
45) Honor and big salaries have only nine above-mentioned professions. Technical professions are not held in high esteem. That's why everyone wants to leave. Huge labor market idle. Especially - unskilled. Therefore, people are glad to grasp at any job.
46) The Chinese may be called slackers, but not lazy. Plowing they that be healthy. Never classes at the university did not end or begin earlier time, never been late transport, etc. etc.
47) But they plow the best of their ability - that is carelessly. That is the reason why in China has production rather than R & D. Just look at the rotten sewers (a few years), a terrible paving tiles, smoking and smoky buses, breaking appliances.
48) For food slipshod attitude is the same. I have never seen fruit with rotten or worms (not because they are carefully selected, but because they are larded so, from what any self-respecting worm to score under the ground, screaming in terror. Apples really smell like acetone, bread is not stale 2 -3 weeks), sausage meat, cigarettes, paint on a filter which does not remain on the lips. Due to the weak health of the Chinese.
49) But! There is a group of industries in which all the downright perfect. This is what controls the government. Among this - military fields, railways, construction, education, medicine, etc. This creates paradoxes - as a broken-down paving slabs and chic pavement on the road, which is 20 years and the same amount of inactivity. This disposable electronic devices for blood analysis - circle, which produces a needle, and he hisses paste patch (priblizitelno-)). This is military equipment, which is equal in strength to US and Russian counterparts. And a lot more then. But outside - no, no.
50) There are so-called "free economic zones", where the production of posts are not taxed. In all of them, and concentrated. Around the same Anshan - production of Siemens, Bosch and a whole heap. In other regions, production is almost not present.
51) China - a very volatile country. In connection with this - no central hot water supply, heating, etc. If you have money - to put the boiler and heater. No - so get along there.
52) We are accustomed to three levels of administrative-territorial division - an area-area-location. In China, everything is much more complicated - they are 5 (translation of the most adequately matched, in Russian there is no such a word). Province - Region-County-town-village. In addition, the city has a special submission, free economic zones, etc.
53) There is no democracy. No games in solidarity. There were no elections. There CCP (Chinese Communist Party), is its General Secretary (now - Hu) and all. Who does not like - to be shot. Crimes against the authorities here are punished most harshly. As the tanks entered in Urumqi recently in reply to the separatists.
54) Censorship. When I arrived, he asked - what we can not speak. Discuss the policy - it is one, two and twenty. It is quite possible to run into deportation.
55) But the Chinese authorities are satisfied. Completely.
56) the CCP ideology - communism (hello, cap). But communism is quite difficult to name. Luxury cars, iPhones and iPads, shopping center with a huge choice. What a strange communism
57) Due to the size and population - a huge ethnic differentiation. A native of Shenyang Hong Kong people will not understand, and do not agree with A Beijing Guanchzhoutsem (pah-you do not go all the same to the Russian end of the local names).
58) Taiwan. Then someone said that China and Taiwan - a single country. Ha ha ha. They both de jure and de facto independence between them do not even have diplomatic relations. But the map of China Taiwan, designated as his province, the Taiwan cards - all of mainland China - a part of the Republic of China. A bit strange.
59) Hong Kong. This is part of China, but a special autonomous region. Its own currency, its own police, etc. All of their own, except for matters of policy and defense. Such things a place where everyone can turn the business, moving away from the law. Terrible place, though rich. Very
60) The only country in the world except Russia, to provide humanitarian assistance to North Korea.
61) Social security is at the highest level. Employees of state agencies receive an excellent salary. Apartments are given to them in a very fast pace. About the prices and wages - below.
62) China's currency - the yuan renminbi (in translation - the people's money). The approximate exchange rate - 6.2 yuan per dollar. 1 yuan - 10 jiao. The stability of the course - amazing.
63) About the price. Rent two-bedroom apartment costs about 1,500 yuan a month. 3-kilogram pack of rice - 30. A kilo of potatoes - 2. Beer Bottle - 3 Pack of cigarettes - from 4 to 15.
64) About salary. The average salary of teachers in school - 4000-5000 yuan. The salary of a police officer - 6000-7000. The pension of civil servants - 100% of salary.
65) Many teachers of our university travel in their cars, bought for fair wages. IPhone here - every third or fourth. So the ratio of wages and prices much more attractive than in the same Ukraine
66) The tariffs for communal dormitory, etc. miserable for the Chinese to a certain level. Then they begin to grow very quickly. So to say "dovolstvueshsya small - take, you want to offer large - pay»
67) The average area of one-bedroom apartment - 40-50 square meters. Treshka - 100-120. Price per square meter in Anshan - about 4,000 yuan in the normal area
68) In general, despite the negative, to live here (IMHO), much nicer than at home.
Let us turn to the home.
Life and everyday life.
69) Dress all in who he wants. Often, it seems strange and even savage.
70) Sex and any hints of it is prohibited. I do not see any kissing couple, the maximum that they allow themselves - hold hands. Pornography - once a prison.
71) Heated apartments are accustomed to air conditioning and warm water boilers (hung outside). A bit strange.
72) The Internet is not charged on the traffic, and on time. Speed One - 5 Mbit \ s upload, 1 Mbit \ s - returns. 15 yuan - 120 hours Internet
73) Google is not prohibited. However, often buggy. But Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, any porn sites blocked by the so-called "Great Chinese FireWALL". But pornolab is work-). True, you can use a proxy, you can top.
74) The Chinese segment of the Internet virtually isolated from the outside world. For they have all their own.
That's all I wanted to say.