Surely each of us as a child holding a miniature copy of the Soviet cars. But in Belarus, there are those who collect cars in a fairly mature age. AUTO.TUT.BY met a man who buys a copy of the cars in 1:43 scale, and puts them on the shelf, and makes exact copies of the legendary rally cars or cars from Soviet movies. Vadim Pokrovsky showed us his collection is now exhibited in the museum of the RSDLP, and told why a successful person all this must be.
It will be 18 photos. At the end let you know, please do not break.
Vadim says he started collecting model cars as a child. Then there was the army, the institution, the work - and he threw the case. Restart collect copies of machines pushed his appearance in the sale of the series "Legends of USSR" in 2009. However, he began to buy the model only to remake them.
- I see a car model as a template for completion, from which I make a copy machine, I remember a child or have a story.
Most models that modifies Vadim associated with Soviet motorsports. He says that his father was active in racing, was friends with the USSR champions in this sport, so the memories of childhood, our hero grabs.
- And if we have to buy a copy of a foreign car, which won global competition - not a problem, then buy a copy of some of the legendary Soviet rally car is impossible. Such models of nowhere, so I was interested in doing their conversion.
This "Muscovite" - one of the first models of Vadim has 1970
Vadim buys an ordinary copy of the Soviet car in the proportion of 1:43, and then creates a copy of it with the history of rally car. First, he completely disassembled model, repaint, and then engaged in its parts and as a whole - bringing in an exact match to the original. For this model of the body is cut to obtain a completely different form.
Vadim said that, for example, next to the yellow "Moskvich" (left), he was in the 5th grade at the track in Borovoy. Naturally, there was a great desire to recreate an exact copy
- Photo rally cars I find on the Internet, and when the conversion using mostly plastic bank cards, tin, line and even guitar strings. Sometimes, to create an exact copy of the rally car, you have to buy another copy of it to take a single element.
For example, says Vadim, to rally the Soviet VAZ 2108 in reality staged wheels from Opel Manta, therefore had to look for a model just for the sake of the German car wheels. The cost of such a "consumable" - about 30 euros.
Initially, it was the usual "eight" from the series "Avtolegendy USSR", and Vadim made her a copy of a real racing car in those years. Half body reassembled from old cards, primed, filled and covered with real automotive paint
The same car on the cover of the magazine "At the wheel" in 1987. Vadim said that apart from him no one has created a copy of the car
- You know, it's a creative process, so the money here at work, I do not think so. It happened that as consumables to buy and 7 other models.
There is a collection of Vadim and model that was made entirely from scratch. This is the rally version of the VAZ 2105 model whose body was melted wax.
So the car looks on the rare surviving photographs
Thus it can be seen at the exhibition. The antenna is made of guitar strings and belts - from the small matter. All labels are printed in the ratio 1:43 to the original
Vadim also recreated several legendary race "Muscovites" 1960-1970-ies. Particular attention is drawn to the Soviet car racer, ten times champion of the Union Stasys Brundza - "Moskvich» 408.
That this car in the marathon "London - Sydney 1968".
Vadim said that he would be happy if the legendary racer, for which our hero was sick as a child, his signature on the model of car. According to the source, is now Brundza is a member of the board of directors of the largest Lithuanian bank and the owner of Europe's largest collection Cadillac
- All of these cars I make a single copy for themselves. I, thank God, is not experiencing financial problems. There are, however, exceptions where I have 2 copies and one of them I exhibit. But it does not pay, because the maximum that you can "acquire" - is US $ 5.
Sometimes, according to Vadim, he is asked to do some models on order.
- Recently I asked a person from Canada to make it 21 th rally "Volga", but he learned how much shipping will cost - sad.
Our hero is easier, for example, make the model not for sale, and at the request of friends or "gift to good people." For example, sometimes someone from friends Vadim asks him to make an exact copy of their father's car as a gift for the anniversary.
- And one day I decided to make a surprise for a colleague's birthday and gave him a replica of "Volga" 3110, in which he drove the army chief.
But once Vadim had to sell one of their best models. The fact that the party online forum collectors model cars seriously ill wife and to raise money for the operation, all collectors and konversionschiki put up for sale one copy of their collections.
- I put the "Ikarus" from the film "Bus Driver" and bought it for $ 500. Soon I again made the model for themselves.
The exact copy of the "Ikarus" from the film recreated Vadim directly for Personnel movie
Similarly, a model of "Icarus" of the Belarusian film for $ 500 bought a resident ... Volgograd.
Vadim also have a car from another Belarusian film. The interviewee remembers that ran 3 times the film "Great Guy" Movies "Vanguard", and 40 years later recreated MAZ protagonist of the film.
Still from the film "The Great Guy." Even a broken windshield will be reflected in the copy made by our hero.
Vadim said that the factory model had terrible headlights. We had to buy a model, "a Muscovite," 412 just to rearrange the lights out in the truck.
- This movie is so sunk in the memory of those days boys that when commercially available, a model of the MAZ, it was impossible not to make it a vehicle for a film.
Converse Vadim engaged in their free time. He says if given a model for a couple of hours a day, a week can get a decent alternative. Wondering how the family relates to the fact that its head at night to disassemble and assemble cars.
- With understanding. That's the meaning of a healthy family, that it reigns understanding.
We are trying to understand why a grown man with a good job, wage and own car is all you need.
- Someone interesting to paint a picture, but I like it. I feel pleasure from the process, and when I see the result - get great satisfaction. Of course, when the finished model is placed on the shelf, it loses interest in her, but after a while nice to pick up or to show someone.
There is a collection of Vadim lot of models for those who are not interested in any motor sport or cinema Byelorussian SSR. Also, our hero makes a copy of the conventional models of rare or interesting cars of the Soviet Union. For example, a car Truckers - "IL Combi».
Under the rear window can be seen the newspaper. This is a real issue of the magazine, which is reduced by 43 times the computer and printed
But if the "Combi" is known to all, many are unaware that the export of "eight" is often altered in England but in those gigs.
It is difficult to imagine that at one time it was common model that is sold at the kiosk. Vadim is not only set her plastic tent, and even suffered a wheel on the right side
We have shown only a small part of the models are in the first exhibition of its kind in Belarus. Vadim said that he and other collectors for a long time came to show to a wider audience.
- This exhibition - not a commercial event, and business, organized on a voluntary basis. No money from the museum we do not get, it does not get any share from the sale of tickets. But we do this and not have to.
Collectors, according to Vadim just want people to see that Belarus is a kind of hobbies too. Therefore, they agreed to put their models without guarantees for their safety, and even without a contract of storage.
- We are patriots of this case and very much want people to see our models and perhaps join us. If Europe is very developed, in Belarus for us almost no one knows.
The exhibition presents another collection of Vadim - car models made by Soviet factories
Vadim said, that collectors model cars in Belarus - are completely different people, from truckers to colonel. People such, according to the interlocutor, not much, and those who simply collects model, but also how he deals with the conversion - even less.
- To do this, because as a large sum of money needed, and thorough knowledge of the vehicle unit.
Increase the number of both first and second place, according to Vadim, you can use the exhibition.
- More than sure that people my age boys were holding the same model. And I think if they saw the exhibition, it would deal with collecting or conversion. But while they do not know that such a thing is now in Belarus there.
Posted in [mergetime] 1411930794 [/ mergetime]
From myself, as a child would have sold soul to the devil for such collection