Neighbors are slouching and staring, because I do not help a large family living in our house.

Neighbors of an apartment building are comrades, good acquaintances, sometimes even friends. When trouble happens, people often try to solve the problem together. In the house there is a headman of the house, who raises funds for repairs, making keys to the entrance, the task of this person is to organize and raise funds, solve problems at general meetings.

Victor had recently moved into an apartment with his family, and faced the aggressive friendliness of his neighbors. He has just made his dream come true – he has bought his own home. But what he didn't plan to do was help other families, even their neighbors.

To save money for your apartment is not in the best area, not in a new building, I worked for 6 years. I had to work 12 hours a day abroad to bring that money home. My wife and I are happy that we managed to buy a house, but our relations with our neighbors did not work out.

As soon as we moved in, the head of the house invited us to join a group in Viber, where the neighbors discuss all issues regarding the house and its improvement. Convenient, modern, does not take much time. And recently we had a fight with all the neighbors over one family.

When I accepted the invitation to join the group, everyone was hotly discussing a large family in need of help. Everyone was in the group except this family. A mother with six children cannot physically go to work because she has to look after the children. And her husband is unemployed, recently he was fired from his previous job because of the bad habit of taking everything that is crooked. Since then, a large family has been living on welfare.

This family is always helped by caring people. The parents of the couple helped them buy an apartment and make repairs so that the children lived in comfort. Volunteers and neighbors always bring some things and hotels, solve their problems. So in the group, someone offered to raise money for this family and give them an envelope from all the neighbors.

Unresolved conflict: Almost all the neighbors agreed to settle down, and we refused. That's why we quarreled with our neighbors. Everyone believes that people who work every day should give their honestly earned money to an unemployed adult who has six children. He has arms and legs and is a healthy adult. For some reason, this man does not want to think about where to get the money to provide for his two sons and four daughters, he asks for help from caring people.

And I provide for my wife and son, we live on my low salary. Nobody thinks about where I get the money and how I get it. And I have to take care of strangers who know nothing about contraception and responsibility.

Neighbors resent me, look obliquely. The headman of the house convincingly asks to transfer the money to him, because everyone agreed to help. I don’t see any point in helping people who live at someone else’s expense. Maybe if they didn’t help, they’d start moving. Only children are sorry, they are not guilty of anything. Neighbors do not suspect that children are openly used and continue to suck juice from kind neighbors.

I believe that in our time, everyone is able to take care of their health, find a job, decide what to do in life. We can raise children, give birth to as many heirs as we want. But giving birth to a new person, you need to be aware that up to 18 years of age you need to take care of the child. We must feed him, dress him, teach him, love him, heal him. This isn't cheap right now. I cannot respect people, much less help them, if they have abandoned themselves and the fate of their children. You can't expect someone to help you. We must first rely on ourselves.”

Now large families are a rarity. As a rule, people try to get on their feet on their own, and then already think about the birth of a child. Many believers do not use contraception because they believe that it is a sin. Is it not a sin from infancy to condemn your child to poverty, hunger and cold? Victor seems to be a reasonable person, and I want to agree with him. Every adult should take responsibility for their actions. How do you feel about this situation?

Tags

See also

New and interesting