One day the pilot "Air Astana"

Hello, my name is Nurzhan! I'm the co-pilot Boeing 757/767 airline "Air Astana". And I'll tell you about one of their flight changes.
35 photos

Today, I have to fly to Frankfurt via Astana on the new Boeing-767, so you need to get up early.
On the eve of her sister asked me to wake up at 8 o'clock and told her that I wanted to participate in the project "One Day" on Vox Populi. I came to wake me up and take pictures immediately.

and great weather window and I decided to go outside for morning exercises. Since I work mainly sedentary, and irregular work schedule, I take every opportunity to stay in shape.

I think the passengers saw the bearded man heading into the cockpit will not be happy. So it will not scare them - shave.

Just finished with breakfast. I decided to listen to the news on television and pour ficus. Two things at once - productive and not boring.

It's time to prepare for the flight. Checking flight plan for corporate air navigation system.
The sky has always attracted me. He wanted to fly since I can remember, so went to study at the Academy of Civil Aviation. Toward the end of high school friend told me about the program of initial pilot training Ab-Initio airline "Air Astana". I filed an application to participate. After some time, I was invited to take tests and interview. According to the results of tests to Amsterdam decided to send an additional selection, which consists of several stages. There were 11 people in the group, but only three of them have passed.
A month later we were sent to the United States (Florida) to study in the aviation college at the University of Florida Institute of Technology. Only after that I was sent to Georgia to train piloting Boeing-757/767.

I installed a handy app - "Free Air Tools", which allows you to see the online information you need on any airport in the world, including weather conditions. Weather reports in Frankfurt and on the route favorable.

Before each flight I need to fill out a card «Trip Information». It notes the data on flight at a certain aircraft (BC). On the basis of this card experts Flight Operations Department is charged with the plane with fuel and its alignment is calculated as the Sun Startup should consider its maximum takeoff and landing weight. For example, the landing weight for our Boeing-767-300 is 136077kg.

"Homework" is satisfied. It remains to change.
Despite the fact that we serve in the civil aviation, some elements of our form of preserved military. Putting on the form, I realize how much thankful for the fact that he had found his job in life. At the same time, the shape reminds me of the responsibility for the lives of the crew and passengers who sit behind us.

Compare notes! It's time to leave the house.
The office for the passage of pre-briefing flight crews should arrive in 1 hour 15 minutes before the actual time of departure for domestic and a half hours to international destinations, to have time to go through passport control at the border.

Probably many of you have seen the silver vans with the logo of Air Astana - this is our conveying for pilots.

So I wear a seat belt.
While sitting in conveying one decides to do something themselves, and shoot photos

Arriving at the office, we check in (check-in) in the company before the flight and then "prescribe» (check-out) after its completion.
When you register, we reaffirm that the 24 hours before departure are not used alcohol, drugs, rested as expected, brought with them all the required documents, etc

Before each flight aviation doctors check blood pressure, pulse, and general health of flight crews. They also periodically selectively check for alcohol in the blood.

Then we go to our aircraft and, until the commander inspects the sun outside, I climb on board for the preparation of the cockpit. Welcome to my workplace!
All I checked, tuned and said route. Now fill the necessary papers for the flight.
The cockpit is full of all sorts of sensors, monitors and levers. In order not to miss something or make a mistake, the pilots strictly follow the requirements of management of the flight crew (Flight Crew Operations Manual) for the Boeing 757/767. Then execute Check List (card check) to confirm all steps.

During the flight, both pilots must observe the actions of each other.
In general, for reasons of security of all the systems on board the aircraft are duplicated twice and sometimes three times.

Our plane gained altitude. I wanted to show you the beauty of our mountains with a bird's-eye view, but because of the smog can not see anything.

As long as we fly, we can look at the cabin. This business class on the Boeing-767. These aircraft in our company is two, the very first came in December last year. Since these machines only six months of operation. In July, we are waiting for another one.

After re-preflight check and the preparation of the aircraft head for Frankfurt.

The movement in the sky is quite lively. We flew past few planes, and I decided to take pictures of colleagues.

From Astana to Frankfurt to fly 5:00 45min. It is necessary to eat.
The first dinner the captain.

And sometimes flight control "takes on" autopilot  and I get a free moment to show you the oxygen mask on board the aircraft.

Probably many of you have heard about the armored door to the cockpit. Above the door are installed surveillance cameras, so we can see what is happening behind it. For example, we now see one of the flight attendants, who also fills in the necessary documentation.

Our mission is coming to an end. We are preparing to reduce and pre obgovarivayem action during landing. Each pilot must strictly follow the plan and coordinate their actions with a partner.

And here is the Frankfurt airport. At first glance, it may seem small, but in Europe in size, he is second only to London Heathrow and Paris Charles de Gaulle.
Passengers flying from Almaty and Astana to Frankfurt quite a lot, so we perform daily flight.

Upon completion of all the procedures we come out of the terminal and go to the conveying of that will take us to the so-called Crew Hotel. Airlines are trying to settle the flight crews in hotels near the airport, so that we have more time to rest and not have to stand in urban traffic.

Living Room.
Time difference between Almaty and Frankfurt is 4 hours. I'm used to the constant change of time zones, but it is necessary to have time to relax. According to the regulations the flight crews must rest at least 10 hours outside the base, 12 - on the base between flights.

Lunch with colleagues at the hotel. I will have a little time to rest, then I will need to prepare for the return flight to Almaty.

Despite the impressive size of the airport departures traffic here is pretty tight. We are waiting for their turn. Then we leave on runway strip ... going home!
Unfortunately, I can not show you how the plane off the ground - on the takeoff-landing all equipment must be turned off to prevent disturbance to on-board equipment.

The entire process is recorded on piloting Flight Data Recorder. In addition, the radio communication between pilots and controllers written to Cockpit Voice Recorder. More broadly flight recorders known as the "black box", when in fact they are not black and orange.

Previously, I could not show you the captain of the sun, he flatly refused to be photographed. But on the flight back to the senior stewardess, who came to us to ask about dinner, we managed to quietly remove it from the back :)

anee I could not show you the captain of the sun, he flatly refused to be photographed. But on the flight back to the senior stewardess, who came to us to ask about dinner, we managed to quietly remove it from the back :)

Complete all postpoletnye procedures on board a plane back to the office "close" flight.

But I still had one more thing. I was asked to show the younger fans of aviation training in the simulator.
That's the change I have stood out this time. Thank you all for your attention to my humble story.

Posted in [mergetime] 1403894851 [/ mergetime]
break

Tags

See also

New and interesting