Colocation, ordinary and not very

Recently there was a desire I put my curiosity CubieTruck in the data center to check how it will behave under combat load. And ... I do not work out, because data center, in which I asked, not yet ready to place as standard equipment. And then it dawned on me to make a very brief outline of what people may wish to place on colocation.

Yes, in the photo Mac Mini, placed in a server rack. But more about that later.

Desktops h4> The first place in frequency accommodation (after the classic rack servers, which I generally will not touch upon in this article) - desktops. And although the area colocation desktop configurations its elegance rather resembles some garage or warehouse, this service is quite in demand.

Naturally, demand creates supply. Many small and medium data centers without any problems will you have on your regular computer colocation. From the photographs I have seen two implementations: the warehouse (as pictured above) and a rack when the rack easy to install special 19 & quot; pan, which put sistemnik. Below and above this tray can be placed quite conventional rack mount servers. The second implementation allows better heat dissipation and extinguish the fire in case anything happens. A storage option very well lit ... By the way, some companies (we will not point fingers) Hotels with dedicated servers Economy class also put their servers on storage principle.

Mac Mini h4> Accommodation Mac Mini in the data center, we have not yet gained popularity (in any case, I have not heard about it). But in the US there are entire companies that specialize on such a deployment. As with desktops, there are two options of accommodation. Accommodation in a 19 & quot; You've already seen the rack. And here is how the placement of the rack:

I think the army yablokovodov after this picture choke saliva. For those who have not choked, control shot.

Either people working with Mac, elevated sense of aesthetics, or just seals Mac makes everything better, but it looks nicer than stand with the desktop. Some companies that provide this service, even developed special racks for the device size.

Notebook h4> Yes, me and myself wondering how it looks. I have not found a gallery, but on the forums asked questions, where you can put on a colo laptop, as well as testimonials of people who have already done it. In particular, one person mentioned that his ISP loved his energy. But the demand is really low, go into details because it is not necessary.

CubieTruck h4> Perhaps the new and unpopular kind - placing the mini-computers (including the architecture-based ARM). Basically, ARM is used for mobile phones and tablets. But gaining momentum production of mini-computers, such as CubieBoard . And if Cubieboard 1 and 2 can be applied advantageously in DIY projects, the third version of the performance quite live up to a small VPS.

Young French startup NanoXion, specializing in various hosting solutions and equipment placement, recently began posting CubieTruck (3rd version CubieBoard) on its site. Even developed chassis for rack:

Actually, it's not quite colocation, send your Cubie French do not need. It is rather rent a dedicated mikroservera. However, wishing to place their Cubie on colo may well catch up soon (I, for example). While this technology is developing, but the developers said about preparing to enter a new model based on an 8-core chipset UltraOctaA80. SATA interface and ported to ARM assembly Linux and many other advantages, which I will discuss later, this trend can be considered as quite promising.

On field trials of its CubieTruck I somehow tell in a separate article. If someone agrees to take him to the colonies for a few months (preferably within Ukraine, it was easier to send) to combat test will immensely happy.

Source: habrahabr.ru/company/ua-hosting/blog/221799/

Tags

See also

New and interesting