Why do I have a deuce?

One day, my father, back in 1973, as a Grade 8 pupil, was in a ridiculous situation. In English class the teacher gave the task to make a short story about the glorious hero city Leningrad. Since this subject dad had three weak, this task seemed to him beyond the impossible.

But he did not despair, because a year ago the parents of his father traveled as tourists in Leningrad and brought a lot of beautiful postcards with views of the city. And lo and behold, on the back of these cards there was a brief description of sights, and not only in Russian but also foreign languages.

Without hesitation, my father took one of their favorite cards, rewrote the entire text in a book, and with a clear conscience passed the job to check. In the next lesson, the teacher began voicing assessment. They came as a surprise for my father, because he only received unsatisfactory for homework.

To the question "Why do I have a deuce?" The teacher replied, "Because your work is unique, it is the only written not only in English but also in Italian, French and German».

The work had to change, however, without the help of cards.

tut

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting