ASB, the history of construction

For a long time rummaging through the Internet, looking for the Old. I offer you 32 photos plus a bunch of letters.

Firstly, I want to say what prompted me to create this topic.
3 months ago I saw on TV Russian documentary "Legends of BAM" liked the movie, so I decided to download the Internet and revise. It was then and there was an interesting dialogue between me and my girl cousin (23 lass three years of age with incomplete higher education)

- You shake your?
 - A documentary about the BAM
 - What kind of BAM?
 - You do not know what the BAM?
 - No
 - And the Baikal-Amur Mainline you what the thread says?
 - No

Actually, after this conversation, I asked around a few young people, most of them could not say anything specific, so I decided to carry the knowledge of the masses.

The story begins with the BAM 30s XX-th century it was then that it was then the Soviet government for the first time seriously interested in the construction of the railway which will connect with the Trans-Siberian Yakutsk region fabulously wealthy coal, ore and gold.

In early 1932 the government decided to build the railway, which in the same year was named the Baikal-Amur Railway. She was an All-Union building, across the country have parted agitators to recruit people. Particularly active recruitment was carried out in the Amur region. However, any conditions for the first builders of the BAM was not organized, there was no shelter, there was no dining room, extreme cold, building poorly funded and why people simply fled.

Out of this situation is a prisoner of Solovki camp, a former millionaire Naftali Frankel (pictured). October 5, 1932 the construction of highway takes over the GPU. Frankel wrote a letter to Stalin, which has proved the usefulness of the labor of prisoners at Solovki, he distinguished himself as a talented organizer and leader, so after a letter resonated, he was released and was appointed head of BAMlag.

The prisoners began to build in the summer from 8 am to 12 pm, in the winter from 9 am to 9 pm. Running a network of camps was almost impossible, as the only way by which one could escape was Ayam, but he was immediately blocked, and to leave the swamps and seas were very difficult. Nevertheless shoots occurred, captured prisoners had the right to shoot on the spot, there are legends about that as evidence of catching caught the fugitive had to bring his ears

In 1937, it opened the movement of trains in the area of ​​BAM - Tynda, in 1938 put into operation the second connecting branch Volochaevka - Komsomolsk-on-Amur, in 1940 opened the labor movement of trains on the section of Lime - Urgal.

scheme camps BAMlag

Lunch prisoners

Posted in [mergetime] 1244027500 [/ mergetime]
V1942, all work at BAM were stopped, and already constructed branches had to quickly disassemble the rails needed for the construction rokadnoy road to Stalingrad. However, even during the war, in 1943, a decision was made about the need to build from the station. Taishet to the Trans-Siberian Railway to Bratsk and from Komsomolsk-on-Amur to Sovetskaya Gavan, these branches were put into operation in 1947. The story BAMlag ended.

Reminded of the BAM in 1960, experts Mosgiprotrans prepared to establish a rail outputs to the northeast of the country, including the construction of medium-Siberian branch on the site Lena - Tynda. In 1967 the active design of the BAM started leading institutions of the Ministry of Transport Construction of the USSR.

The very construction began in the autumn of 1972 when the September 14 was laid the first link of the zero kilometer line Bamovskaya - Tynda - Berkokit.

However, according to the construction of BAM was developed in 1974 when the 17 Congress of the Komsomol of BAM was declared the All-Union Komsomol construction project, and the western section of the future highway first sent troops Komsomol volunteers number 600. Komsomol members were divided into 2 groups, the first 300 people arrived on the western section of BAM in the area of ​​the Lena, the second on central to Tynda.

It soon went to the Komsomol latest imported machinery. I would especially like to stipulate about the perhaps the most famous specimen of the art trucks Magirus-Deutz.

For the construction of BAM was purchased almost 10 million units of such equipment Total 1, 04 billion (!) DM, and then, in 1981-1982, the Soviet Union ordered the parts at no less impressive sum - about 200 million marks.

In February 1975 the construction of the BAM started from 3 directions from the central station Bamovskaya to Tynda, West Station Lena to Tynda and east from the station Dipkun to Komsomolsk-on-Amur.

Western and central areas were given to members of the Komsomol. And eastward got military railwaymen.

In December 1975 he took the first train to the station of Ust Kut station Star in November 1976 from the station ASB to Tynda, in October 1977 from Tynda to Berkokita, construction was going full swing and with the highway there were new buildings, schools, hospitals, houses of culture and train stations.

ASB incredibly complex in its geography road on past the line of the builders were building bridges and tunnels punched. Total length of the path is - 4324 km, the road alignment crosses 11 major rivers, was built 140 bridges, tunnels punched 8.

Tunnel

bridge construction

Stations postoroennye builders of BAM

The construction has been widely used aircraft

collective "Bamtonnelstroy" (left visible toneleprohodcheskaya machine)

In autumn 1984 the construction came to an end, and now all attention is concentrated on the two teams and the two famous Brigadier Ivan Warsaw and Oleksandr Bondar. On September 29, the junction was made Balbuhta gold docked.

Another photos of this momentous event for all countries

People believed that tomorrow they will wake up in a new country

Later, with the start of the restructuring of BAM was named road to nowhere.

Newspapers wrote about the wasted money and unprofitable lines.

Now the view is changing the way, here is a quote saying the First Vice President of JSC "Russian Railways" Morozov VN

"BAM is a railway, without which it is impossible to imagine modern Russia. I think that it is necessary to have long forgotten about the people who have allowed themselves to express something, and who remembers them now. In 2013, we will be on one side of Yakutsk and in 2015 with the completion of the construction of a combined road-rail bridge, and already having come to the right bank. After Yakutsk to Magadan is definitely the direction and it is not simply traced it surely laid strategy 2030 »

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting