Delicacy for the cat

Yesterday received a present from friends of Evenkia - the carcass of a small Oleshko, 35 kg. Well, not really a present, of course, gave 120 rubles per kilo. But given the fact that the deli meats brought in more than 1,000 km. by winter road, and then the other end of the city directly to our house and they themselves have raised in an apartment on the 10th floor, you can consider it a gift.
The carcass had been butchered into pieces, but the refrigerator - krupnovat. So I had also I myself drank meat hacksaw. And remember, as I have been doing this for 22 years. Venison all the years of his life in Evenkia (moved from there to retire in Krasnoyarsk in June of last year), well, even the fish (whitefish, grayling) was our staple food. With his wife, son and three (one time), cats, and then two, and the last few years, one cat, we ate a total of 60 heads of wild reindeer.
Extract them fishers in northern Evenkia, usually in the spring when they migrate huge herds of many thousands on the Taimyr Peninsula. Well, and then implement the local population and take out something and the mainland, in Krasnoyarsk.
Carcasses in the shoes are selling at the same price, shabby - more expensive, but what to cut to pieces, vacuum packed, all these high prices. But much cheaper than the same beef and pork on the mainland.
I once, when still living in Tours, brought the carcass of a deer at 60 kilograms (this is already considered to be a major). In the skin. And I decided to cut myself. At night he left the hall to the frozen carcass to the state of the stone a little moved. In the morning his wife sent to the service, and he stayed home. And set to work.
It was sheer hard labor. I fussed hour and a half while skinned only on one side. Near wandered bestial eyes sparkling, three lived with us then Koshak - Mitya cats, and cat theme Motya. They were not hungry. But they are, distant relatives of tigers and lions seem incredibly excited himself prostrate on the floor view of the whole carcass meat and awakened dormant in their animal instincts.
Sweaty and tired, I went to the kitchen to smoke. I soaked my shirt was all in reindeer fur, and I pulled off her and threw it in the trash. Smoke and hurriedly sipped tea, I sighed and went back into the hallway, fetch up is clearly not his job to the end. And stood in the doorway, not knowing me laugh or be angry.
Subject Motya and sat astride the carcass and uterine rumbling nibble out of it already thawed areas. And Mitya old man, who has long had problems with his teeth gnawing frozen meat could not. Because he prizhmurivshis of pleasure, an old man licked softened peritoneum deer.
Even when he saw me, koshak I never thought to leave their (as they probably thought) sacrifice, and continued to torment her. Well, I had to take a knife and cut him a large cup stroganina and take the kitchen to not underfoot. And then again I took skinning a deer, on the other side.
When his wife came for dinner rang the doorbell, and I told her, she shrieked and jumped back.
 - Go look in the mirror, what you looked like - only she could tell when woke up and went home. I went to the mirror and was frightened of his reflection. The hair on end, face red, his hands bloody, all over, from head to toe in reindeer fur. Well, clean Ghoul!
Ever since we bought only butchered venison form.
Well, with this small carcass I have to be finished in just half an hour right in the hallway. Still, the cat Temko, who grew up on venison, and we moved with them from the north to the mainland, could not wait when he finally chews fresh myastsa. And insolently dropped on the table for their share. I had to wait until he first quench hunger.
I suspect that most of the venison he will use it. Because the theme is almost does not eat offered him here in the city, beef and pork. And now he will know what we have scored a refrigerator, and generally give up any other food besides venison ...
(Sibirskie)

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting