Kidnapped cat from Buchi came a long way, but finally returned to the owners

As it turned out, the Russian occupiers are falling for not only household appliances. Leaving occupied Butchu, They stole a cat.. 8-year-old Maine Coon named Max got into a mess. The journey took a long time, and the animal was in Belarus. But fortunately, he was saved. What happened and how the cat was returned to the owners, read further in the article.

The occupants stole a cat The whole world knows about the events in Bute. For a long time the city was under occupation. And when he was released, it turned out that Russian troops had committed an unthinkable amount of war crimes while they were there. All the stories associated with Butcha are full of pain and suffering. However, even among them there are happy people. One of these we will share today.

Alena Kukuruzka is from Odessa. She moved to Bucha with her family a little over a year ago. She lived 3 kilometers from the Gostomel airfield. When the explosions began to be heard very close, the woman became stiff with fear and did not know what to do next. She didn’t want to leave, but it was clear she couldn’t stay home.

Alena's husband persuaded her to leave. The arrangement was as follows. He had to take his wife and son to Zhytomyr, and then return home on his own to pick up Max's things and cat. When the family almost left the Kiev region, Alena called a neighbor. She said that the village began to bomb and landed troops. It became clear that returning to the animal is now simply impossible.

When Buchu was occupied, Russian troops settled in foreign houses and apartments. Housing Alena was no exception. The heroine says that in the yard of her house the invaders put armored personnel carriers, and along the fence dug trenches. Neighbors said they occasionally saw a cat running around the village. But Alena was no longer hoping to find him.

The heroine was able to return to her home when the invaders were finally knocked out of Buchi. Everything was destroyed, some things were stolen. On the walls adorned insulting inscriptions, and in the room of the son sappers found a stretch with a grenade. Alena and her husband started looking for a cat. She believed that Max was still alive and that he might have been rescued by volunteers.

The woman contacted all volunteer centers and groups from Gostomel and Buchi. She just believed the animal was alive. But finding him on his own never happened.

In April, Alena called an unknown number. At the end of the phone, the woman was told that Max was in Belarus. The invaders stole the cat and tried to take it out. However, not far from Gomel, he simply fled. The locals sheltered the animal and volunteered.

Max was incredibly lucky because he was wearing a QR code collar. He managed to find out Alena’s contacts and contact her. At first, the woman simply did not believe her ears, thought it was some kind of prank. However, the volunteer dropped a picture of the cat with a collar.

Belarusian volunteers did everything possible to hand over Max to the hostess. At that time, Alena and her son were in the Czech Republic. The cat was issued a new passport and implanted a chip. It was then handed over to volunteers from Poland. And then Max finally went to his family.

Editorial advice This story is quite instructive. For example, it demonstrates the importance of QR code collars. This is an elementary protection for the pet, giving hope that sooner or later someone will return it to the owner. If Max had not been wearing this collar, Alena would never have seen it again. I’m glad he was rescued by volunteers.

Despite the happy outcome of this story, I still do not know how to leave and not take the animal with me. Of course, Maine Coons are much larger than ordinary cats. However, as far as I understand, Alena left her home with her son and husband by car. I'm sure there would be a place for a pet.

War spares no one, and animals suffer as much as men. I've written about this before. Sharing the material at the link. Remember that you are responsible for those you have tamed. Take care of yourself and your fuzzies!

Tags

See also

New and interesting