2 years since the tragedy of Yaroslavl Lokomotiv

In Yaroslavl today remembers victims of the crash of hockey players "Locomotive". Exactly two years ago, the Yak-42 team crashed on takeoff from the airport Tushino.

Of the 45 people on board, only one managed to survive. Mourning events will also be held at the crash site, and in the Yaroslavl. So, in the Assumption Cathedral otsluzhat liturgy for the dead, followed by a memorial service and laying flowers at the Leontief cemetery where 14 players and club members.

The monument, which resembles an airplane wing consists of 37 steel sticks. That's the number of players "Locomotive" were killed in a plane crash.

American teenager mourns victim "Locomotives»

16-year-old Nick Cates (Nick Kates) from Boston said September 7, 2011 the worst day in his life. On that day he killed his favorite hockey team - Yaroslavl "Locomotive". Now he, along with hundreds of thousands of other fans of "Loco" mourns the dead hockey players.

It is difficult to imagine how an ordinary American teenager from the city, which hosts one of the most renowned clubs in the National Hockey League, "Boston Bruins" can support the team from distant Russia. Several years ago, Nick, being a big fan of hockey, I decided to choose a club in the KHL, for which he will get sick. While his favorite player was the Russian goaltender Semen Varlamov, who was then moved from the "railroad" club "Washington Capitals».

- It was great to see how Varlamov turned from a strong player in the NHL. Since then, I began to root for "Loco" - says the teenager.

The day when crashed near Yaroslavl Yak-42 hockey team aboard, Nick remembers very well. September 7, 2011 was his first day in high school.

- I learned about it when my mother picks me up after school. Usually, I'll go home from school, but then in our house was renovated and we lived with my grandmother. Mom told me that she had heard on the radio, as a Russian ice hockey team killed in a plane crash. More than she knew nothing. I immediately thought: "In the CHL teams over 20, can not be that it was them (" Lokomotiv "-" RP ")." But when I learned the details of the plane crash and survived only one Alexander Galimov (a few days later he died from his injuries - "RP"), my heart almost stopped - says Nick.

A teenager in the photos on the Internet has seen the memorial "Hockey Brotherhood", which is scheduled to open near the "Arena 2000" September 7. According to him, this magnificent building.

Like all the fans of "Locomotive", Nick Cates is preparing for the start of the new season. Because of the time difference, he has to watch matches on the Internet during the lunch break at school.

The teenager from Boston wants to visit Yaroslavl to attend a home game "Locomotive". But 16 years is difficult to do it yourself.

- And yet, one day, when I'm older, I earn money for the trip and come to Russia! - Said Nick.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting