Fish Market, Karakoy, Istanbul

Located in Istanbul, it is impossible not to visit the Galata Bridge (Galata Köprüsü), even if it is not included in the original plan attractions. Just in Istanbul, all roads lead to him, and here as nowhere better to feel the spirit of the "city of the two seas."
And what a city without sea fish market? No!

I suggest you take a stroll on one of them, which is right at the Galata Bridge, the area from Karakoy (Karaköy).

40 photos + text source.

Galata Bridge - two-storey half a kilometer bridge across the Golden Horn.
The ground floor of the bridge is a pedestrian zone with numerous cafes and restaurants. Upper floor width of 42 meters perform the essential functions of the bridge, on his shuttle trams and cars. On the sides are arranged footpaths. The central part of the length of 80 meters - drawbridges.

The market is noticeable from afar.

It also has one of the maritime docks, so a lack of buyers is not observed.

Sellers can always be distinguished by the characteristic of rubber footwear, with almost all the same boots as uniforms.

Fish here for every taste, and most importantly, fresh from the sea. No freezing.

Each seller is diligently trying to put their fish in the window so that he bought it. After the fish is all the same.

One Turkish lira - about half of the US dollar. Therefore it is easy to navigate in prices, simply by dividing them into two

Turns and dead fish need water, even if for the sake of presentation.

"Sell fish, big and small!»

8 lire - the most it!

Out at the gills - the proof of the freshness of the fish.

Directly on the market there are a few small cafes serving the most that neither is the freshest fish, of course, pre-cook it.

If watching the fish stalls, suddenly wakes up the instinct of fishing, the catch of the sail far into the sea it is not necessary. Fishing is available directly from the Galata Bridge, which, in fact, do many local fishermen.

It seemed to me to catch them is not too important, it is like a ritual and interesting pastime.

Although, when it starts biting, there is no place for conversations, only manage to drag and throw.

More adventurous fishermen casually sell also tackle with bait.

He threw the bait and admire the beauty of the surrounding myself.

This area of ​​Eminonu (tour. Eminönü), which are located on the waterfront marine passenger terminals, from where and where various sail boat. Basically they ply the route between Europe and Asia (through the Bosphorus between the European and Asian parts of Istanbul).

To say that there is crowded, it's nothing to say. The crowd here is just awesome. But I do not know.

Right at the Galata Bridge moored several boats unusual.

With these boats sell Istanbul's famous fish-kebabs (Balik Ekmek). Crispy bun put fried fish and vegetables. Difficult to describe in words, but it is really very tasty.

Fish kebabs are very popular, so I have to stand a decent queue before his purchase.

Mastery of these, shall we say, cooks, perfected over the years. Cooking Fish kebab they spend just a couple of seconds.

At the local, and not only are popular ordinary pickles, cabbage and cucumbers, and even with brine. On the palate a very decent thing. Especially with a bit of sugar kebab.

Istanbul pastries.

And what, in fact, the secret ?! And the fact that this place is too popular and crowded, and in 99% of cases to find a free place to deal with his kebab unrealistic. All makeshift chairs, barrels are busy, and are known to eat standing doctors do not recommend.

But if you go through the fish market, which I described in the beginning, then you can go to a small alley, which sheltered more mobile "fast", which prepare the same fish-kebabs, but much tastier, and use a variety of ingredients.

And no queues!

It should be a fun 5 Turkish liras (approximately 2, 5 US dollars).

No hustle and a lot of empty seats, right on the water.

Fielder.

There are stunning views of the bay "Golden Horn" and the central part of Istanbul. So bon appetit!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting