Oysters for a penny or a fish market on the coast

Every time I come to the fishing spots on the Sevastopol central market, I'm just amazed at the choice of the gifts of the Black Sea, presented for sale - on a good day a few species of small fresh fish, forbidden to catch turbot from the floor, shrimp mustache, well, and frozen seas of the gifts of others in different kinds and quantities. Fish market in the city and on the beach does not smell ...
And then the choice is struck on the opposite shore of the Black Sea, in Istanbul, or here, in Normandy, on the shores of the English Channel.
By the way, the fish market can be called a stretch - the fish here, of course, not a few species, but the total number of selling marine life, it takes a very modest place.
Here is the right score dozens of shrimp and scallops, lobsters and lobsters, clams, various kinds of crabs, snails and all kinds, of course, oysters.
Oysters are generally as apples on the Sebastopol market - a lot of cheap and surprisingly - from half-Jewish apiece ...

24 photo source.

2. Fish market in question is located in the town of Trouville, in the north of France.
And like a small town, and the market is simply rynochek, but choice ...
Just for the freshest seafood is to call in the coastal towns, if you are traveling to Normandy!
By the way, this photo is very well seen the ratio of fish to non-fish in this "fish market")

3. Shrimp. Their choice after the oysters, probably the biggest.
From small (which, incidentally, we sold larger royal) to quite huge, the size of a small lobster!

4. Boiled blue lobster, huge shrimp and crab coastal

5. Local crabs. The taste noticeably different from the Black Sea stone crab.
Incidentally, I note that the restaurant is not the French eat only meat from massive claws, but the contents of the body under the shell ...
I do not know, do not know ...

6. And here's a fresh lobster or blue, as they are called, lobsters.
Prices are quite democratic - 15-20 euros apiece (even the Greek islands fishermen selling their more expensive)

7. Again shrimp. Larger than lemons.

8. Lobsters too, was right there with her ever dropped out eyes and huge mustache stiff

9. Paradise Shrimp

10. Yet, in the most prominent place of honor, and an oyster

11. oyster farms in the area just a huge amount, so that the markets of the neighboring towns in the literal sense inundated with this good.
Prices for Europe are very, very attractive - on 6, 5 euros for a dozen oysters 4 caliber ...

... 12 to 16 euros for the caliber of №2 and 22 euros per №1.
Personally, my favorite is the second number.
Well, apart from the caliber, oysters also differ by type - Fin de Claire Bellon, special, Brittany, Black Noir, etc.

13. But the real culinary discovery for me became snails.
Welded, incredibly delicious ... and no less effective than oysters)

14. There are, of course, and a little fish ...
And not just from the movie Nemo

15. Sad sight aimed at the buyer 'me, buy me ... »

16. What especially love the fish market - are these calculations. Wherever the market was, sellers are always very creative in his shop window ...

17. It is surprising these banks. It would seem, and canned. But no. This soup.
It is drunk often directly from the banks, according to vendors.

18. Lord of the seafood.
There is no particular compulsion sellers, such as the fish market in Istanbul, but still they are willing to tenaciously "communicate" with the buyer.

19. Almost certainly come out from behind the counter, talk, talk about the product and help you to choose the most beautiful and delicious items.
Very nice and friendly!

20. here is not to buy a couple of lobster or crab?

21. By the way, sellers are very picturesque.
This fellow Paganel straight from the movie "Children of Captain Grant»

22. Someone came to buy, and some fun.
In general, no one will say a word. Just smile)

23. And traditionally Normandy - bought seafood or you can try to use for other purposes on the spot.
Here are special tables with high chairs, fixed boxes for shells and seashells - sit down, eat shrimp or oysters ...

24. And some tables and do not need. I bought a pound of snails and then, at the crosswalk, backed primarily go on about their business ...

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting