Sydney Fish Market - the largest market in South

There are two kinds of the city's attractions - historical (such as monuments, sites and all sorts of architecture) and social - the phenomena which forms the city and its inhabitants. A stay in the country and explore the past - a big omission. For example, a large Sydney Fish Market: it was founded in 1945 and is the largest market in the Southern Hemisphere. On a variety of seafood is second only to the Tokyo.

The fish market in Sydney has nothing to do with any hypermarket where people zatarivatsya food for a week, and even more so - with offensive Asian bazaars. There are no crush and queues, the market is more similar to the fair with a wide range and very convenient infrastructure. Of course, you can buy a home, and you can sit in the numerous cafes and slowly try fresh seafood delicacies.
42 photos via Sergey Dolya

Thank Australian photographer Ilya Genkin, who was a company in this walk. I deliberately made a lot of pictures with the cost of seafood that you can compare the price range (Australian dollar - about 34 rubles). However, it is important to understand the following: compared with the Australian prawn "seeds" that are sold in our fundamentally wrong. We basically can not buy those juicy, delicious and flavorful seafood that are on the shelves of the fish market in Sydney. So laid back, and the correction factor for the quality of ...

Parking market. Man carries purchases in styrofoam box, so they do not have time to warm up:

Great oysters Sydney Rock Oysters - 560 rubles per dozen. There are Pacific Rock Oysters, but I like them less than these. Generally, Australian oysters - some of the most delicious I have ever tasted (and I've tried a lot of them):

The preparation of some yummy seafood in front of visitors:

Fish for sashimi:

Consumers cut the fish right there behind the counter:

Octopus:

Squids:

Lucian (snapper):

Barramundi - white sea bass:

Ocean trout:

King prawns, green, still not cooked:

Large and small lobsters are different in size very formal. But the price - more than twice:

Scampi - large sea shrimp with long thin claws:

Cafe, where most of the range of dealers can be enjoyed on the spot:

Sashimi Tuna. Expensive, but worth it:

Great offer: a huge set of various marine reptiles for only $ 24:

In addition to the cafes, there are shops. There traded sauces, wine, cheese, and so on. D .:

More oysters:

Live crabs:

I wanted alone the process of "unpacking" of oysters:

Previously, they have discovered how one can, until one clever person invented a special clip (making it the state):

In fact, nothing special: the oyster is placed into a special clip and opens a knife:

After attaching oyster is cut to the sink:

That's all. Ready oysters waiting for a buyer:

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting