Tour Australia (24 pics + text)

So, Australia. I want to show her exactly the way I saw.
Boundless spaces and incredible scenery.

For more than two centuries of Australia beckons travelers from around the world.
This continent is less than the others, but the landscape is very diverse.
There is as arid central regions of the red sand and jungle and coral reefs north and almost 18 000 km of coastline.

But it all begins usually with Sydney.

vast majority of Australians live in cities and towns on the coast.
Sydney - one of those places.
Bays, glittering skyscraper, yachts - is the center of the city.

Even Sydney is famous for its beaches, to reach which is not worth the trouble, only 10 minutes by car from the center.
Bondi Beach. This was the golden beach lovers mecca sunbathing and surfing. Surfing in general no longer a sport, but a way of life of Australians.

And of course, I can not do without the Sydney Opera House.
One of the most impressive buildings in the world.

We had the good fortune to visit on a rainy Sydney.
In weather like this famous bridge looks can be even more interesting.

This is one of the largest arch bridges of the world.
It is, and road and rail links.
The length of the arch span - more than half a kilometer.

If you look closely, you can see how the top are the steps, and the people on them.
This is a special tour, you can go to the very top.
We did not, the height of the arch over the water still 134 meters, this height is not for me.

To assess the natural scale a bit of Australia, not far to seek.
National Park "Blue Mountains" just a few hours drive from Sydney.

Virgin forests and endless blue haze on the horizon - the effect of the evaporation of essential oils of eucalyptus.
In this forest you can go down. Rivers, waterfalls, caves and wild exotic fauna possums and koalas vvide.

Roads and various services make this part of Australia's most affordable to visit.
But more interesting.
Crossing the Great Dividing Range (which includes the park "Blue Mountains"), we are in the vast central plains, and then did the landscape becomes Mars.

We in the Red Centre, in the heart of the Australian Outback. This is one of the most arid and uninhabited areas of the world.
The rains do not fall here over the years.

Fantastic red rocks, brownish-yellow plains contrast with the bright blue sky.
Temperature reaches up to day 55, for every hour a person should drink a liter of water and move around comfortably can only early in the morning.

It is in the heart of Australia is one of the most recognizable symbols of her - a huge red Uluru, towering on a flat desert plain.

Ayers Rock or in the language of Aboriginal Uluru - the world's largest monolith.
It rises 350 meters above the ground, and two-thirds is hidden under the ground.
The age of this pebble about 680 million years.
During this time, rain and corrosion gnawed on it grooves and cracks.

The dimensions of this piece about 3, 5 to 3 km.
It is no wonder that this stone was revered for thousands of years as a deity.
Asphalt road to these places have brought only 50 years ago, and now you can drive around Uluru.

Archaeologists believe that the Aborigines have inhabited these areas for another 10 thousand years ago.
Due to the batter out of the ground key and caves for hundreds of years the rock was a refuge for ancient tribes.

There's even a tree, but they are burned one from the incredible heat.

But actually, that's not the biggest stone.
Nearby, 50 km away, there is a monolith at times more.
That's only the aerial part was severely affected by erosion and is now from himself giant boulders up to 1 km.

Assess the extent possible pebble on this panorama.

For these places you can go for months, even though sometimes it's not easy, I have personally seen the sign "through the nearest gas station 800 kmĀ».
And what a paradise for lovers of 4x4 ... Eh.

But it's time to the south, to the sea. Go back to the ocean.
South Australia is very different from the Red Centre. Here the kingdom of blue and green, and here goes one of the most scenic roads in the world - Great ocean way.

Warm blue Indian Ocean, endless desert lagoon beaches and lighthouses.

Over millions of years the storm eroded the shore and left these rock formations.
The Mariners gave them the name "The Twelve ApostlesĀ».

I have long could talk about Australia.
For example, about the jungle north, Kakadu National Park.

Or about the largest coral formation in the world - the Great Barrier Reef.

But it is better that you look at all this with my own eyes, believe me, it's worth it.

Source

Tags

See also

New and interesting