Economist Intelligence Unit, a reputable company engaged in analytical studies, presented its ranking of the best cities in the world to live - 2011. It is noteworthy that appear in the ranking, and two Russian cities: St. Petersburg is on the 68th place, and Moscow - on the 70th .
The criterion for assessing quality of life in 140 cities in different countries for the experts of the company were 30 parameters. Among them - the security level of the health, stability in the social sphere, education, infrastructure, availability of goods and services, the environment and the diversity of cultural life.
1. 10th place. Auckland, New Zealand, with a score of 95.7 points
10th place in the ranking is the largest city in New Zealand Auckland. Its population is 1.3 million people, and a quarter of the total population.
Today in Oakland concentrated economic and cultural life of New Zealand. Alas, the historical attractions in the city is not much, but the hearts of all who come here for the first time, surely conquer its scenic and beauty.
2. In Auckland is the tallest structure in the southern hemisphere: Sky Tower (Sky Tower), whose height - 328 meters.
3. Oakland night.
Oakland is washed three marine bays. 48 extinct volcanoes are located in the city.
4. Panorama Auckland Sky Tower.
5. 9th place. Adelaide, Australia, with a score of 95.9 points
9th place is the capital and largest city of South Australia, the fifth largest city - Adelaide. Its population more than 1.1 million people
10. The city received its name in honor of the queen - the wife of the King of Great Britain and Hanover, William IV, who held the throne in the period from 1830 to 1837.
The city is located on the ocean. Partly on the territory of the central part of Adelaide is built up mostly condominium, here are several modern skyscrapers. But in general the city one or two storeys. Three essential components of Adelaide - a perfect cleanliness, accuracy and flawless finish of buildings.
11. Fountain Victoria.
12. Kangaroo Island.
Adelaide also attracts tourists is the third largest island in Australia called Kangaroo. This wildlife sanctuary, there is a colony of sea lions, and the coast is ideal for fishing.
The average level of income per worker in Adelaide same as in the whole country. However, the level of life and property values are much lower than in other major cities of Australia.
13. 8th place. Perth, Australia, with a score of 95.9 points.
Perth is the largest city and capital of Western Australia. Its population is about 1.2 million people. It is located on the shores of the Indian Ocean.
14. The city is one of the main economic centers of Australia. Here it is extracted gold, diamonds and nickel. Moreover, in this region are located in the world's largest deposits of gold and nickel (in the region of Kalgoorlie), and the world's largest diamondiferous district Kimberly - main competitor of diamond deposits in South Africa and Yakutia.
15. Urban Perth inconceivable without modern skyscrapers.
16. Perth is often called "the pearl of Australia." Ancient architecture, convenient pedestrian zone in the center, beautiful view of the river - Perth real Mecca for tourists.
17.Odna of the attractions of Perth - meteorite crater Wolf Creek.
18. The mild Mediterranean climate, wonderful beaches, restaurants, bars and nightclubs in Perth attract many tourists.
19. 7th place. Sydney, Australia, with a score of 96.1 points.
Sydney is the largest city in the south-east coast of Australia. Its area is twice the other giant city - New York. Thus, all travelers are faced with the same problem - how to get it all to inspect.
20. A great number of parks and green spaces - the main difference from Sydney's other major cities in the world: with skyscrapers in the city peacefully coexist 34 hectares of the Royal Botanic Gardens.
21. In the summer of active life in Sydney leaves the City and moved to the beach. In Sydney, more than 20 urban beaches and a dozen harbors. The most famous Bondi Beach (Bondi). This is the best place in Sydney for surfing.
22. Evening Sydney indescribably beautiful: on the waterfront skyscrapers lights reflected in the water of the harbor. Sydney Opera House - Sydney's original card.
23. One of the main attractions of Sydney - Sydney Harbour Bridge, the largest bridge of the city. In addition, it is one of the largest steel arch bridge in the world.
24. Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House as seen from the air.
25. 6th place. Helsinki, Finland, 96.2 points
Helsinki - the capital and largest city in Finland. The population is 578 thousand. Man.
26. Streets washed bays, nearby islands between transferred bridges, and on the islands of distant communication is done by ferry. Helsinki enveloped in the smell of the sea and in the ports here - the incessant noise from the incoming and outgoing ships.
Helsinki - focused business, education, culture and science in Finland. In Greater Helsinki are 8 universities and six technology parks.
27. The view of the city center. Cathedral - one of the attractions of Helsinki.
28. 70% of all foreign companies operating in Finland are in the city.
29. Helsinki - maritime city. It is located on the peninsula and the islands of the Baltic coastline.
30. 5th place. Calgary, Canada, with a score of 96.6 points
Calgary - the largest city in the province of Alberta in Canada. This is an area of foothills and prairie, located about 80 km east of the watershed of the Canadian Rockies.
31. The sun shines here on the average 2400 hours a year., So that the city is one of the sunniest in Canada.
32. Calgary is located in the transition zone between the foothills of the Canadian Rocky Mountains and the Canadian Prairies. It is this factor, he owes his rather hilly. Calgary Centre is located at an altitude of about 1048 meters above sea level.
33. The center of life in Calgary is the oil industry. The oil fields were discovered in the early 20th century. Paradoxically, at the same time the city by many organizations as one of the cleanest in the world.
34. The area of Olympic Plaza. Away noticeable another famous attraction ----- Calgary Tower (Calgary Tower), whose height is 91 m. It is famous for its from designing - gently swaying in the wind, the tower maintains its stability even in very strong gusts.
35. Downtown Calgary, photo made in 2010.
36. 4th place. Toronto, Canada, with a score of 97.2 points.
Toronto is Canada's largest city and the administrative center of the province of Ontario. Its present name the city received in 1834.
37. Toronto is the most multicultural city in Canada. Immigrants make up about 49% of its inhabitants. View of the city from a helicopter, November 2010.
38. It was in Toronto is the longest street in the world - Yonge Street, listed in the Guinness Book of Records because of its extent in 1896 km. In addition, Toronto is the largest zoo in the world. Its area is 283 hectares. About 5,000 animals are kept in conditions close to their natural habitat.
The view from the height on the other side of Toronto.
39. The world's highest tower - «CN tower», was erected in 1976. Its height with a spire reaching 553 meters, and at an altitude of 446 meters is enclosed observation deck
40. The TV Tower is visible from anywhere in Toronto.
41. The Toronto Islands are a great place to relax and picnic. These are often chosen by both locals and tourists alike. View of the city from the island.
42. Without a doubt, the main attraction in the vicinity of Toronto is Niagara Falls. It is located 140 km from Toronto between lakes Ontario and Erie on the border with the United States.
43. And such seems Toronto near future
44. 3rd place. Melbourne, Australia, with a score of 97.5 points.
Melbourne - the second largest city in Australia and the capital of Victoria. Its population of around 3.8 million. People. Melbourne is one of the major commercial, industrial and cultural centers of the country. In addition, it is often referred to as sports and cultural capital of Australia.
45. Melbourne rightly bears the title of the most beautiful places in Australia. Ornate Victorian architecture is combined with wonderful nature.
46. Victorian architecture, art lovers should take a stroll along the main street of the city. It's called Swanston.
47. If you want to see at once all Melbourne, climb to the observation deck of the Tower Rialto. It is a skyscraper whose height is 253 meters.
View of Melbourne from the Rialto tower.
48. One of the attractions of the city - artistic center of Victoria.
49. River Yarra, Melbourne.
51. 2nd place. Vienna, Austria, with the result of 97.9 points.
Vienna - the capital of Austria. The city is located in the eastern part of the country. The population of Vienna with its suburbs has about 2, 3 million.
52. Vienna ¬- is the world capital of music, thanks to the galaxy of famous musicians lived and worked in this city. Among them, Mozart, Beethoven, Haydn, Schubert.
53. Vienna, nestled on the banks of the Danube - one of the most beautiful cities in Europe.
54. In Vienna, there is everything: the palaces, and squares, and cozy streets and numerous parks. One of the most recognizable buildings in the city, his "calling card" - Town Hall.
55.Hofburg was the main residence of the imperial court in Vienna and the favorite residence of the Austrian Habsburgs in the winter. Currently, the Hofburg, consisting of 2600 rooms and halls, the official residence of the President of Austria.
56. Not far from the capital is Vienna Woods - Austrian mountain range. This is a wonderful forest area has its own towns and hotels, resorts and hot springs - a wonderful recreation area.
57.1 location. Vancouver, Canada, 98.0 points
So here we come to the first place. Analytical the Economist Intelligence Unit believes that the best city in the world to live is the Canadian city of Vancouver.
58. Vancouver was stretched at the foot of the North American Pacific Coast chain of the Cordillera on the west coast of Canada, on the beautiful bay.
59. Vancouver - the third largest city in Canada. Its population is 2,433,000 people. In addition, it is the largest locality in British Columbia.
It looks like Vancouver with a height of 500 meters.
60. Vancouver at night.
61. Vancouver - one of the most picturesque cities in the country. It is surrounded by a thick pine forest, snow-capped mountains and fjords.
62. In Vancouver many rivers. They connect the coast 20 bridges, three of which are movable.
63. This is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, located near the ocean. Spacious beaches, beautiful parks, the majestic architecture of the buildings - the distinctive features of Vancouver. High-class hotels, an abundance of museums, shops, restaurants and sports facilities attract many tourists from all over the world.
Vancouver has a mild climate. The fact that he is part of a unique ecosystem - temperate rainforest. Summer is not hot, and in winter it snows rarely.
64. Science Center.
65. On the hill is the famous Little Mountain Queen Elizabeth Park in Vancouver