Strange Russian food (10 photos)

In his blog, the American traveler Shannon McKeon shared her impressions of the traditional Russian food.

Shannon said she was extremely moody eater who does not like fish, seafood and meat dishes excess, so Russian cuisine has not won any of her heart, not her stomach. However, it is pretty funny described are well known to us (but so strange for her!) Dishes.

«1. Salad "Olivier". I tried it in the last year before the New Year. I do not like mayonnaise, so could not eat it. I myself had no seasoned dishes: no ketchup, no mustard or something else. I eat all that.

2. Salo. I think the more it is associated with Ukraine. I tried it in Kiev - baa, some chewing gum from fat! Not that I usually like. Actually, I eat a lot of chicken and steaks, but was cut off from them all the fat. I know many people love bacon, but it did not impress me.

3. Kvas. It can be easy to find in America, but for me the taste too sharp and bitter. During his recent trip to Russia, I tried fermented birch sap, so he was a very tasty and easy!

4. Compote. Very fond of this drink! I saw him a few Russian cafes, including the "Mu-Mu", where I tried it the first time. Similar to the American berry punch, but much tastier, and even swim in it are real berries.

5. Dumplings. They are now eating more in Russia? As I recall, this is a national Ukrainian dish is put into anything: meat, potatoes, even the sweet berries.

6. Gut (Kishka). I do not try it, too much meat. I doubt she would have liked me. Perhaps I am gathering the courage to try it next time.

7. Pancakes with caviar. I could not eat them, but try! It was during the New Year celebrations in the Russian family. The eggs are too salty, besides, I do not like a strong fishy taste.

8. Aspic. And this is the most interesting dish! I remember how it's done in different tins in the form of swans, birds, animals and so on. D. Very strange and funny :) On Valentine's Day they'll probably make it into molds in the form of heart? I tried jelly in the cafe "Mu-Mu", and I did not like. Jelly was strange, and The crushed meat - not a quality.

9. Sandwich with herring, pickles and mayonnaise. When we drank in some questionable St.Petersburg bar guys were trying to feed me this thing as a snack. Instead, I prefer to eat cheese and crackers. Although, it seems, this thin brown bread well soaked alcohol. Perhaps that is why I had to keep when we went home :) But pickles! No food in the world, which I had not loved more than them!

Tags

See also

New and interesting