Cry from the heart and tips

I found in the network. And useful, not as boring as posters in hospitals and clinics. About idiots and ticks
He writes former researcher and now a biotechnology engineer, the last 7 years doing tick-borne infections, such as development, testing and production test systems for their diagnosis. Probably due to prof.defomatsii I thought that the danger of ticks is obvious to all. Well, there are no details, but obvious. Well here I understand that pour coffee laptop - it is likely the end of the notebook, though I'm part of the machinery - a complete moron. And those who are far from mites and infections probably know that the tick bite - this is an extremely hard time for bitten. Especially when you bite it in Siberia. It turned out, however, that the idiots who treat encephalitis paracetamol live among us and apparently quite sane. Heartbreaking story of idiocy, details about tick bites - that you do for this will continue to live and where to read below.
Actually, I was writing a post spodvig the case with my friend, behind which a bunch of scrapes. In general, a highly respected man and me, in my opinion, much more sensible and practical than I am. This wonderful citizen refused to travel to kilbarok due to the fact that he is ill. In the course of questioning, it turned out, somewhere along the way from Vladivostok to St. Petersburg where he was bitten by a tick. Three weeks passed, the temperature shot up by 40, a fever - all of this "successful" were treated with paracetamol and hot tea with lemon. During the half-hour (!) Conversation with a bunch of medical terms and a three-story mate, managed to convince him to give blood for tick-borne infections. Results of analyzes: Lyme disease - exactly encephalitis in question. The result of a conversation with a very high quality infectious diseases: on appearances more like encephalitis. The result of the conversation with the sick: "Something tells me that this is not borreliosis", "now I can not go to the hospital, I have a job. If you lie in a hospital, I'll lose this job, "and (the memory-ram-pa!)" Well, yes, I understand that I may go blind / deaf / earn paralysis, but I'm an adult and make a decision myself. " For all of their own decisions fabulous idiots, and just for those who are not in the theme Food for Thought:
About ticks and infection
Tueva hucha tick-borne infections. In addition to encephalitis and borreliosis, which is more or less at the hearing, it is also babesiosis, rickettsiosis, anaplasmosis granutsitarny, monocytic ehrlichiosis, and other language-break-possible infection. All this happiness you get, you just tick bite - activators of all this shit live in its saliva. However, not every tick, and not a complete set. Here, as with casual sex without a condom - not the fact that after you find AIDS, hepatitis C, syphilis and gonorrhea. But not for the fact that all of this will pass you by. Going back to mites - most likely (and worst of all) make encephalitis and Lyme disease.
What threatens
Encephalitis. With an excellent scenario got off lightly, with good die. But most likely you will paralyze. Rather hand, or one of them. It is not forever is repaired. In addition, you can go blind and / or deaf. Basically, if you have the talent and eggs you can make a career in science. An example is - Mikhail Chumakov. In 28 years, I went to Siberia - to study savage and unknown at the time the disease. The disease appeared tick-borne encephalitis, and Michael had to implement to bring their same ideas on the subject of how it is treated. As a result, he not only survived, but also deaf and partially paralyzed for decades engaged in the study of the disease, which has suffered so cruelly. Pts. a lot of things achieved in this field, and to top it all bequeathed his body of the institution. To colleagues studied the inside man, 56 years old probolevshego encephalitis. Everyone prospect of such heroic spit in the face of illness and death does not appeal, note the following: if you tick kusanul in European territories is likely to cost. We do not really and ticks are infected - according to various estimates from a few percent to a few tenths of a percent, and die from encephalitis 2 people from 1000. This does not mean that you're lucky you. If you are bitten by a tick in Siberia or the Far East, everything is much sadder. You can get encephalitis Far East, and from there out of 100 cases die 80. Perhaps, this figure would be somewhat smaller, if not the level of financing of medicine and "lightness" dobiraniya to hospitals in this region, but even taking into account these factors, it is scary.
Borreliosis. All starts with a high temperature, but not necessarily with her and these beautiful rings on the site of the bite (scientifically - erythema): Then our favorite paralysis, but this time the problem is not with arms, but with the face of the person. Then, joint problems (e.g., wild pain in them, to the extent that it is impossible to move), heart, eye, ear. Then the skin becomes thin, dry like parchment paper and is bluish spots. In general, the problem becomes much, and all so different. Some citizens suffering from chronic Lyme disease, say that it is worse than encephalitis. However, they assure me, and not those with chronic encephalitis.
What has not yet bitten: vaccinated against encephalitis. February is the month that when it's time to rock her to do for the season. Keep in mind that it is a three-stage - will chop three times at regular intervals. If you have already suffered from encephalitis, then you have a life-long immunity. Or if you get sick again - will be a new word in medicine. Vaccination is the most effective thing you can think. If you have a choice take the imported vaccine. And not succumb to a divorce at the same time to be vaccinated against hepatitis, influenza, and the devil in a mortar. Vaccinations - not an area where wholesale - a profitable business. From borreliosis vaccination impossible. Again, even if you are already sick, nothing prevents you from catching it again.
What to do if you are bitten. FIRST - gently pull out the tick, or thread a handheld device: The main purpose - to pull the tick entirely, severing head off, in which the salivary glands, where Borrelia virus particles or else somebody bloody - well, you understand. If you severed head off to pick out her now as a splinter with a needle. Do not forget to calcined needle in a flame lighters.
SECOND - We thrust the tick in a jar, a bottle, which is shorter than anything to take to the lab. Mites are not we press.
THIRD - renting a tick on the analysis in SES. If the tick has appeared sick, it does not mean that you have 100% of patients. As a precaution you feed pellets.
FOUR - 10 days after being bitten by donating blood on Lyme disease and encephalitis. The research method - PCR. After 2 weeks - to encephalitis immunoglobulin M through Z a week - on IgM to borreliosis. In general, the ideal is all you have to tell the doctor, but the ideal is not always. With the test results (positive), we go to the doctor. Do not pull with the campaign. The same borreliosis very well treated, if treated in the early stages of his.
Chronic error:
1) ticks do not jump on you from the trees. They do not jump. They crawl out of the grass or shrubs with (greater than 1-1, 5 m in the bush tick usually does not rise).
2) if you encephalitis / Lyme disease is not contagious to others - you can sneeze on them as you want. But if you have encephalitis and you - are breast-feeding, have a chance to pass it to the baby through the milk. By the way, you can earn encephalitis, drinking cow and goat milk (unboiled).
And yet, mistress note. There are tick-borne infections, which are not so terrible as encephalitis with Lyme disease, and found them just a couple of decades ago. Accordingly, they have no means to check each facility. So if after a tick bite, the results are negative Lyme disease with encephalitis, but you have already the second month wallow in the hospital with fever, pain throughout the body, diarrhea, and a diagnosis of "acute respiratory viral infection in question," looking good infectious disease. Because it is possible that you have, for example, granulatsitarny anaplasmosis. Chances are you will survive, and the consequences ogrebet that borreliozniki - entsefalitniki. But 2 months in the hospital with an unclear diagnosis - a worthless way to spend a summer

Source: vk.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting