John Galliano

Galliano - artist by nature. His skill, originality and a deep understanding of the intricacies of the cut made him success, but so that the name of John Galliano is on a par with the name of Karl Lagerfeld. But recognizing he had to work hard. His arrival at Dior caused a lot of skepticism. "Which hand hit house Dior and that it will be?" - Was asked to fashion arena. But at Dior were not mistaken. At the time of arrival at Galliano fashion house had 20 stores, now - more than two hundred. John has provided not only a commercial success of the brand, but also raised it to a new level: simply took the old woman in his arms and brought into the 21st century.

Galliano likes to shock, he likes all unusual for original, everything that does not go with the times. In the 90s, when reigned on the catwalk models of the "heroin chic", dressed in shapeless light dresses, Galliano released a bizarre outfits, heaped copious amounts of stones and sequins. His collection of "Escape from the young princess Lucrezia Bolshevik Russia" has attracted enormous attention. Galliano was awarded the best designer of the year. But the commercial success avoided it. Recognition of top officials of the fashion industry and the non-recognition of the buyers, that's what got Galliano at the beginning of his way.

And then he was invited to Dior. Gagliano recalled that on the day when he first came to the office of Dior, he was greeted by company employees and workers of department haute couture were dressed in white lab coats. John thought puzzled why the organization hired as health workers.
I was really naive, but because before I did not have to even cross the threshold of such places.

Galliano said that even in their wildest dreams, and could not think that ever takes over as creative director of the house Dior. But John inspires the thought that he is the conductor for the legendary brand from old to new, from past to present.
Sometimes I want to pinch myself to make sure it's not a dream.

However, what really united Galliano and Dior House tradition and its founder Christian Dior - so it's immense love for a woman, her femininity and personality.
Dior idolized female beauty, so in today's models, we try to emphasize the chest, waist, hips.

On the question of whether there is something that unites it with Christian Dior, Galliano answers simply:
Just like me, he loved to tinker with flowers in the garden. I just like it, I love women, beauty. We're both romantics, both of us the same thing is impressive. I love new things, he loved all things new. I also like him, confident. I've not studied this, I do not raise it to myself. It is inherent in me.

John was lucky that in 1996 he was invited to work at Dior, because by this time the designer refused to sponsor. And the House of Dior, John gave a wide scope for creativity. It in no way limited to: the best fabrics, expensive accessories, shows, theatrical performances comparable with not only artistic content, but also the volume of investment. Galliano went the way of world fame, and he achieved commercial success of the brand. However, this fact was criticized - he was accused of that Dior has become a too commercial brand.
Hmm, how the brand can be too commercial? I think we do everything correctly, as required by the times and circumstances. I do not want to Dior gradually turned into his own shadow, the dead man, whom no one speaks ploho.

At Galliano at all is the answer. All have their own opinion. And he has his own ways of working. Creativity - the eternal companion of his life.
Creativity is included in my schedule. I say that one can not enter into the studio and say, "Now I'll get creative! I will create a masterpiece! ". The increasingly complex and orderly. No, I do not care free creativity. It is an integral part of my life.
Travel and tourism - a necessary attribute of the activity.
When I first came to Dior, no one here knew what needed research trip. I had to explain how important it is that I do not just sit at a desk in the office. I'm not a switch that you can press - and immediately will outline. No, this scheme does not work at home.
He is in constant search of his muse.
She always escapes me. I am always in pursuit of it. It is - it is an ephemeral creation. As perfume. I do not think I would catch her. It was the pursuit of it makes me do.

Galliano for Dior created unimaginable. His collection "The Matrix" has caused a wave of incomprehension among fashion critics. It is not in the style of Dior, is too new! Further work Galliano was no less amazing. Despite the fact that Galliano romantic lives, and fashion designer had a deep passion for the atmosphere of the 18th century, John with careful attention and enthusiasm to mix it up with his propensity for outrageous and all extraordinary. But in the future unnecessary provocation, diminished. More and more designer collections began to appear simple elegance, and the past was just an incredible cut. It seems to be satisfied at Dior, Galliano that diminished his ardor, and John is happy that you can do without stepping through. But in the creation of a more traditional fashion clothes many have seen the defeat of Galliano: fashion still resigned under pressure from superiors. But John saw:
I went for it on their own. It was my decision. I agree, rather strange to see the models on the catwalk with handbags. At the same time, I knew that I invented image can embody only a certain model with specific handbag.

By the way, about the images. Out Galliano at the end of the show - a separate song.
I am so much dive into the process of creating a collection that is reflected in my appearance. The same thing happens to any of us, when he visits the muse. I get used to the image of his muse and start to talk. She wears red lipstick? She writes by candlelight? I think over every detail of her image and character.

Yes, Galliano made an invaluable treasure in the world of fashion. His name will forever remain in the history. John did importantly revived house Dior, made it trendy, cult. Dior Fashion do not pass in any case, they are written about and talk. John Galliano took the history and tradition of the house to the extent that it is aware of it. It was something new, but the same old.
Woman Dior - this is the true Parisienne, whose image began to fade with time. I wanted to restore it to the world exactly what he expects from Dior. We have revised the design, began to use high-tech materials, new colors, but - emphasizes Galliano - there is still a stunning cut.
I think we're a little shook off the cobwebs, given the ease of things.

The most important thing - is to call in the audience reactions and emotions. Besides, I have long noticed: that at the beginning of shocked, often brings a huge commercial success.

But often the white stripe is replaced by black. Mistakes have to pay, and often this fee is too cruel. During the anti-Semitic insults, expressed in a drunken delirium, this spring Galliano fired from Dior.

In this respect expressed by many celebrities. Carine Roitfeld (former editor of French Vogue) in an interview said:
I even could not imagine that John Galliano was so unhappy at his post. One must be very lonely and depressed man to admit to sympathizing with Nazi leaders at all, and being tipsy. This was reflected in his collections for the house Dior. For example, a show in which models portrayed homeless people sleeping in the street. Anyway, screaming drunk "I love Hitler" and call people in the bar "dirty Jew" - is unacceptable. I do not think he really thinks so. It's just a drunken delirium.

And Karl Lagerfeld did not support Galliano, although I think that fashion sympathize colleague. On the other hand, Karl spoke very sharply against the action designer:
I'm just pissed, if you're interested. I'm in a rage, because it is not a question, he said it or not. Videos with his disgusting remarks have shattered all over the world. This terrible event for the world of fashion, because people think that all the designers and everyone in the fashion industry can afford such behavior. That's what pisses me off.
The fact is that in business, especially with the advent of the Internet, everyone should behave as a precaution, especially if you're a public person. You can not just go out and get drunk. There are things that can not currently afford. I am enraged at what damage Galliano and personally brought LVMH Bernard Arnault (Bernard Arnault), which is his good friend and kept him more than any other designer, because Dior - his favorite brand. It's like to hurt his child.

And Natalie Portman, the face of the fragrance Miss Dior Chérie, reacted not in a sympathetic tone:
I'm shocked and amazed by the comments of John Galliano in the video. I'm Jewish and proud of it, so do not want to have anything to do with Galliano. However, I hope that this terrible trick will help us in the fight against the existing prejudices that are foreign krasote.

On the return of Galliano fashion scene appear ambiguous statements. Fans are hoping that some fashion house to invite him to work, but opponents - on the contrary. For example, Isaac Mizrahi, fashion designer and also a Jew by nationality.
I think that it will no longer work. I hope this does not happen. I believe that no one else offered him a job. Although, I'm probably not the person to whom it is worth discussing, since I never liked what he was doing. I like the work of Alexander McQueen (Alexander McQueen) or Vivienne Westwood (Vivienne Westwood). Not only that, his collection has never let me inspired, it now appears that it is in addition to everything else, and racist. So I mentally said goodbye to Galliano.

In fact, when the network went to the information that John is on the threat of dismissal, I just could not believe it. This incident is unlikely to seriously affect the reputation of the brand. But the dismissal took place after all, and besides, not only from Dior, but also Jonh Galliano. In this regard, it was very popular comic saying "John Galliano fired from John Galliano," which are inherently very unhappy.
It is impossible to foresee what would be my reaction if I have taken away my brand and my name, but I obviously would not have been happy about that, - says Alexander Terehov.

Rumor has it that the dismissal was no accident that all the pre-setup.
Cyril Gasilin:
Sadly, the era of great artists was held. I am sure that Galliano, of course, was triggered by the owners of the brand Dior, though not directly, but indirectly. We are not aware of the details of their contract, but we know that Galliano man is very hardworking and executive, though not with a light character. And, perhaps, they just had to find a reason to terminate the contract. How can we assume that this man, about fifty meters tall, can be the aggressor and beat someone? On the record clearly shows that he is only protected, like a hunted animal in his burrow. Just the ability to remove people found this artist who became wicked. I think it is no coincidence that McQueen has left, because they are very close in spirit to the Galliano. And the reason is that the art in its purest form has no use to anyone. In it no one else is interested.
But my personal opinion - is not everything in the world by chance, but the cases are taking place. And to explain the incident in some conspiracy - is meaningless. And who knows, maybe Dior still regret that refused Galliano, from the mad genius from a talented artist. My favorite collection:

I advise you to watch the show itself. He is perfect in everything from music, finishing the models.

Last haute couture from Galliano in Dior. Chic, elegant, bold and outrageous collection - Galliano appeared at its best. The same collection was RTW, which is nicknamed "the show without Galliano Galliano." And really the talent of this master will be gone? Yes, if it sue and sent to prison. And, hopefully, not if he limited the payment of the fine, and he was invited to work. Rumor has it that the brand Ferré would like to see Galliano their director. And who will take the place of the creative director of Dior? The name of the designer will hide until the fall, that is, until the next season. But rumor has it that they will be Ricardo Tisci.

Well, I think, Ricardo will return the brand to its roots. That's representatives promised to do before the last show of Dior Galliano. But John will not be forgotten, it will not happen in any case. Such people do not forget, they do not pass a bright flash, do not fade away at the end of its path. Even though Galliano's no future in the fashion scene, his name will forever remain in the history of fashion, and the books will be written about it:
What I picked up and brushed the cobwebs with a sleeping beauty. That's really all that I've done.

Links:
- Site Dior - dior.com
United States - John Galliano - johngalliano.com

Photos of hits: style.com, vogue.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting