Popular songs of the group The Beach Boys

I bring to your attention the group The Beach Boys, which is the peak of popularity came in the mid-60s. The band's name as it suggests to us that they sing about the beach, the sea, and, as can be understood not only from the lyrics, but also the names of surfing.

The group has 29 studio albums, over 70 singles (of which 36 were part of the "Top 40", 4 and took the 1st place). In the past year the group celebrated its fiftieth anniversary.

I present to you the opportunity to read some of their songs. Happy listening!

«Kokomo»

Let's start with my favorite songs of the group, which marked the beginning of my great friendship with them.

«Hawaii»
The song was released as a single in 1964 in Australia, becoming a top 10 hit.

Sloop John B
In 1967, the Beatles have organized a party dedicated to the production of the film "Magical Mystery Tour". At the end of the evening two Beach Boys climbed on stage with the other members of the Beatles and sing this song.

«California Dreaming»
Cover version of The Mamas & the Papas, has participated in the recording of Roger McGinn of The Byrds.

«Good Vibrations»
The song took second place in the list of the 500 greatest songs of all time by the magazine Rolling Stone.

«I get around»
The first song, The Beach Boys, led the American charts.

«Surfin 'Safari»
The success of the song gave the name of the album the group.

«Wouldn`t It Be Nice»
The song expresses the frustration of young people that it can not have what she really wants, and that she would have to wait. Pitchfork Media placed it at number 7 on its list of "200 Greatest Songs of the 1960s»

«Barbara Ann»
A cover version of the song group The Regents.

«Fun, Fun, Fun»

Tags

See also

New and interesting