End justifies the means

Since Soviet times, the profession of train driver has not been considered women's work: the fair sex could wash the trains, oil processing their bearings and check the condition of the wheels, but a way to manage these vehicles were ordered for them. Recently, however, in Moscow there was the first woman - 25-year-old Julia Yurova from the Queen - which, despite all the bureaucratic obstacles still managed to become an assistant operator and access to the coveted "donut" electric. The thorny path to the rails

Up to 8th grade Julia Jurova life was no different from the rest of school girls: she was fond of humanities and thought about a career journalist. One day, going from the Queen to Moscow, she talked to a commuter train engineer. However, when Julia asked a railway where you want to go to study to become a "Tie", he advised her to leave those thoughts.

They say the forbidden fruit is sweet. Here and Julia set about trying to connect his life with the railways. Surprisingly, her mother, Lily Adolfovna, did not argue with her daughter. After graduating from the 11th grade in 2005 she received the first course of the railway college №52. The selection committee of the fairer sex were not too pleased: immediately reported it, of course, can get a diploma assistant driver, and even pass to practice on real trains, but beyond that its "structure" will not touch - women forbidden to take into the machinists. However, the college has tried to console Julia: "Our degree will give you just two occupations - assistant engineer and locksmith: for a second you can always work».

The prospect of becoming a mechanic, frankly, not very pleased Julia, but it is still the beginning of the study at a railway college, despite the uncertain future. In spring 2008, she practiced for a month as an assistant operator at the depot "Moscow-2", but after the end of practice management offices offered her to do any work, except for train control. Then Julia tried to get a job at another station - "Pererva", whose leader, Alexander Korjagin, with the understanding reacted to its request after graduation to go to work is their specialty. It is because of good relationship management and request Yulia depot Jurova literally fell lucky ticket: permit to work as an assistant driver gave her personally, the then head of the Moscow Railway Vladimir Starostenko.

- The first week was hard, - says Julia - I worked in the men's team and felt suspiciously looking at me all the machinists and their assistants. There were also domestic difficulties - men had to release the locker room for me and they did not really know how to treat me - condescendingly, as a girl who will work for a week and leave, or a colleague, you can rely on. My job is to monitor the readings on the train, the control of embarking and disembarking passengers and the train driver assistance - for example, if he forgot to perform an operation, I had to tell him immediately about the error. When our train was standing at the depot, we, together with the engineer avoided it checks whether all he's doing okay.

With the Kursk station went to Serpukhov, Chekhov, Podolsk, Shcherbinka, Golitsyn and other cities. There, in the depot "Pererva" I met my husband, civil, engineer Alexis, with whom we still have. So I worked for two years.

Then she had to change jobs - now she charted graphs departure of trains, without any chance to return "at the helm." But when a company engaged in passenger transportation between the major metropolitan train stations and airports, in early summer announced a set, Julia Yurov, do not hesitate to send your resume. We considered it for a long time - about two months - in August, but the girl is still called back and invited for an interview.

It was a success not only him, but also two rigorous Commission, one of whom has tested her physical, and the other - a psychological condition. As a result, August 22 Julia became assistant engineer on the train traveling between Belarus railway station and the airport "Sheremetyevo».

- What will happen, time will tell - she says - I want to eventually become a real engineer, and let it will have a lot to learn and work, I would not give up and go to the end.

Source: railway.kanaries.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting