This secret bunker was built in 1940.
In 1994 it was converted into a museum.
Ordinary farmhouse, there are hundreds of these and it seems one has only to stop at his door, as there will-old woman farmer's wife and make you taste the delicious English breakfast. And only the perimeter of barbed wire and sticking close to the field headroom ventilation shafts have suggested that something was not right ...
Object Scotland's Secret Bunker is located in the city St. Andrews, 5 kilometers from the North Sea coast. The exact date of construction is unknown, but it is known that the hopper started life in the late 40s as a radar station project Rotor, aimed at preventing possible nuclear attack by the Soviet Union. However, with the advancement of technology in the interception serednie 50s bunker "got laid off" and was mothballed. In 1958, bin razkonservirovali and turned into the regional headquarters of Civil Defense. About 1970 the facility was substantially rebuilt, expanded to serve as a government bunker in case of nuclear attack. After upgrading here could accommodate up to 300 people. It was not until 1992, when at this point it was decided to make the museum, which began its work in 1994.
We go inside.
We get down (literally span 4) the stairs and get into the corridor.
At the end of two firefighters stand on what rooms are open.
Side wall move in cable collector.