18 ph text
He writes Ilya Chernikov
That began working year, so I continue to write posts
After returning from Samara and Ulyanovsk I decided to put a couple of posts from these cities, and then continue to write about the three-day American tour!
"Stalin's Bunker" - the everyday name of a defensive structure in Samara, created as a backup location Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces of the USSR Stalin. It located at a depth of 37 m. Built in 1942, declassified in 1990.
2. The object is located under the building of the Academy of contemporary culture and art, which previously housed Kuibyshev Regional. To the right of the main staircase in the lobby of the Regional Party Committee was inconspicuous door, near which the clock duty officer of the NKVD. Immediately after her iron leaf, behind which was one of the main secrets of the time. Also, there is an entrance from the courtyard through which we entered.
3. Stalin's bunker in Samara - the most powerful of the now declassified bunkers. Its depth - 37 meters, the height of a 12-storey building. For comparison, the depth of Hitler's bunker in Berlin is 16 meters, with Churchill in London refuge was located at a depth of only two floors, Roosevelt - also in two. Analogues of such construction was not there, especially if we take into account the time. The giant "hole" was excavated in less than 9 months of continuous day and night work. The bunker was autonomous air-regeneration system and its power. By the way, all this is still in working condition. Bunker and today retains leaks and is designed for full autonomy for five days. Once the secret dungeon is a multi-storey building, equipped with elevators. On the lower floor there is a conference room for 115 people. Next - a lounge designed for Stalin. On the upper floors - the room for protection, warehouses, logistics services. The bunker could withstand a direct hit by the largest aircraft of the time bomb - above all this structure a monolithic concrete three meters thick, sand layer and one meter high concrete "mattress".
4. Scheme of the bunker. Bunker erected best specialists of the country - Moscow metro builders, as well as the Donbass miners and ordinary workers. Underground structures was a miniature copy of the Moscow metro station "Airport". The construction workers took part in 2900 and about 800 engineers and technical workers. Of all the builders of the silo is now known only to the chief engineer of the project YS Ostrovsky, chief architect MA Zelenin and Chief geomarksheyderskih I.I.Drobinin work. All other nameless. With all the subscription has been taken not to disclose state secrets, which has no statute of limitations. Therefore, even living near city residents had no idea what was going on behind the high fence construction. Soil exported machines at night. Builders almost never left the object, ate in the dining room was built here, and spent the night in a hostel in the courtyard of the regional committee or in the underground rooms. The work was done around the clock in two shifts. In less than a year, it was laid out 25 thousand cubic meters of soil, laid 5000 cubic meters of concrete.
5. Behind the front door is the upper deck, which begins the descent to the bunker on the elevator and the wall on the stairs.
6. The descent to the bunker began this 14-meter shaft.
7. The walls which are very similar to the subway.
8. Lower 14 meters down we get to the long cross-hallway floor where concentrated units of life support and auxiliary machinery bunker.
11. If necessary, the top floor is covered with massive steel germodveryami capable of withstanding loads up to 10 tons per square meter.
12. After germodveri, we get into the main part of the bunker - vertical shaft refuge, leaving deep into the ground for another 23 meters. He - a replica of metropolitenovskogo tunnel dug vertically. If you skip down the mines, then do not say that you are at a depth of 8-storey building. It seems that you're just in the entrance of the house.
13. The exhibition "Kuibyshev - 2nd capital of the USSR»
15. After 192 minutes the step begins the deepest - first floor (going through floors from the bottom up).
16. Holy of Holies - dayroom Stalin. Vysokosvodnaya - over four meters - it is stylized Kremlin office leader: parquet, oak paneling on the walls, a massive table with a green cloth, the lamp under a white cap, wall sconces and a symbol of comfort and peace - a sofa in a white cover, so reminiscent of the shroud. Portraits of the two most revered generals Stalin - Suvorov and Kutuzov.
17. Conference Room of the government. After the tunnel sites and conciseness Casemate tightness semicircular operating rooms fall into a fairly large room with a large T-shaped table; along it - a long table for stenographers, who had to sit with his back to the speaker, not to see their faces. In the corner at the entrance - tables and for the protection of the personal secretary of the leader Poskrebysheva.
During Stalin's chair - a huge, full-length card fronts the end of 1941.
18. Underground Stalin's apartment suggests that the commander in chief of the Soviet troops from the threat of capture by the Germans in Moscow did not exclude the possibility of moving to Samara. Construction of a secret bunker began in late February 1942. By this time, Kuibyshev, which was evacuated from Moscow to the Soviet government, the apparatus of the Central Committee of the CPSU and 22 foreign missions, was the alternate official capital of the Soviet Union. If Moscow was taken by the enemy leadership of military operations would be carried out with the banks of the Volga, perhaps out of the bunker.