My first marriage changed me beyond recognition, I don’t want it anymore

Distributing roles between partners in a family is not always easy. Especially if family life began too early: on the simple whim of one of the partners or due to early pregnancy. A husband, for example, does not always make an excellent leader. And the wife often does not agree to sit in the kitchen doing household chores. And so the bottom line is another man offended by the entire female race and plus one former housewife . It's a shame.

To ensure fewer such cases arise, you just need to properly prepare for life together. Even without a ring on your finger, but living with another person in the same living space, you can learn many worldly wisdom. Now, in the 21st century, it is not necessary to have a stamp in your passport in order to live together. But this is an excellent opportunity to get to know your loved one better from another, not only romantic, side. These are the realities of modern life.

Former housewife I don't know anything that pisses me off more than the daily routine of everyday life. Not in the sense of wiping dust in the corners and brushing your teeth. No, I’m talking about the “responsibilities” of women that men have ascribed to us for many centuries and continue to ascribe to us. About cleaning, cooking, washing, caring for children and other tasks that hang like a dead weight on fragile women’s shoulders. Do you know what I mean? That's the same thing.

That's why I'm currently divorced. I no longer have a husband who came home from work every day dissatisfied and angry. There is no longer a need to unilaterally support another person and tell him over and over again how great he is and how he will succeed in developing his career. Yes, some positive aspects have also disappeared, that’s true. But if you compare all the pros and cons, I assure you, divorce is the best thing that has happened to me recently!

In just 5 years, from a thin and loud girl, I turned into an overwhelmed woman with a tired look, excess weight and frequent shortness of breath. The ex-husband also put on an extra 15 kilograms, or even 20. Family life is somehow relaxing. But, on the other hand, it constantly keeps you in moral tension. I started to lash out over little things, he stopped appreciating me, my inner world, my, although much damaged, appearance. These are my memories of that time.

Divorce decision. I have no children. And this is probably for the best. Otherwise, I would never have been able to decide on a divorce. A child is like a lock on the chains that hold you together. And such a lock does not have a key. I can’t even imagine what I would be like after pregnancy if I was so upset without it. Simply, on high-carbohydrate foods and a sedentary lifestyle. Either you are busy with everyday life, or you are sitting in a chair or lying on the sofa. We didn’t even go out for a walk more than once a month. And even then, after we persuade each other to do such a feat.

The divorce was peaceful and I'm happy about it. We had nothing to share, we were simply not destined to be together. There were no scandals, lovers, mistresses or any other mouse fuss. So in our case, lawyers and psychologists were unable to profit from anything. Which, I also think, is not bad.

Former housewife Where am I now, going on dates at 36 years old or crying into a cold pillow on long cold nights? But the hell with it. No, I found something amazing for myself and completely suited my taste. What exactly? Well, in general, at the moment I am a happy truck driver. I work all over the country and sometimes go on flights with my new boyfriend. He has been in this business for a long time and it was he who helped me get the necessary rights and work. Now we are together.

I didn’t learn this hard work right away. At first I just liked driving with Misha and watching the landscapes passing by us. It was somehow fascinating and cleared my head at the same time. I don’t really like talkative men, and during the trip with Mikhail we had to remain silent for a long time, although we were very close to each other, at arm’s length.

New life Yes, such a life can rightfully be called Spartan. And sitting in one position is not entirely comfortable. Sometimes you get the feeling that your butt will soon fall off completely. But this is so, little things. On vacation, after taking a shower and sleeping well, you feel like the happiest person in the world. You understand that you are doing the right job. You are constantly in different places. You feel the wind and how the sun moves across the sky. You live a simple and not the most eventful life. But there is something... Right about it.

And how, please tell me, can I now, at least in theory, return to the hateful concept of the family, where the man is the head of everything, and the woman is just a powerless servant and sometimes a mistress? If you look back, I can tell you that internally I have long become stronger than my ex-husband. And my job is far from being an office job, and now my views on things are completely different. If someone had told me earlier that this would happen, I would have been afraid for my future, and in vain. Now I understand that a woman can be alive and full of strength. And at the same time not dressed in an apron, with a mop in her hands.

Everyone makes their own choice. At least he believes that he is making such a choice. As I thought before. I thought there was nothing more logical and normal than a wedding, children, family life. But it turned out that there is nothing more exhausted, boring and humiliating. Everything is relative. And I’m not ready to change my current life for anything, no matter whether there’s a man in it or not. The road is my new passion. And the noise of the engine and the wind in my face are my best friends. No home comfort can ever compare with this, believe me.

Tags

See also

New and interesting