An excited daughter called and said she urgently needed money.

A grateful daughter is happiness for a mother. A loving son-in-law is a double gift. I gave my whole life to my girl, and she thanked me so much! Show a lonely pensioner what good is worth these days. You can't go back years. It remains only with bitterness and resentment to go through memories.

Loving son-in-law And it all started with a call. An excited daughter called. I immediately got to the heart of the matter. She urgently needed money - 8 thousand euros. Marina knew I was saving for my apartment, but she kept bent her line:

- Mommy, what are you making up? Why do you need it when we have a big house? You know, Maxim started building a sauna. I thought there was enough money for a small pool, but I didn’t. Mom, we need a pool! Imagine how happy your grandchildren will be! And when you get home, we'll take a bath together, and then we'll swim in the pool. We'll have herbal tea in the gazebo.

- So you kids don't even have the pool to be happy? Well, you live well.
At these words I said that the lady was calling me and hung up on me. In fact, I almost cried.

I grew up in a pretty poor family. My greatest joy as a child was burnt caramel lollipops and bread soaked in water and sprinkled with sugar. When I got married, poverty did not go away. My husband lived in the present day and had no special ambitions. We lived from paycheck to paycheck, in an old dilapidated grandmother's house. If it were not for livestock, chickens and a garden, it would be very tight.

I stayed up at night thinking about saving my daughter for a dowry. She was worried that no one would take her when she found out she was from a poor family. And when Marina graduated from school, on the day of her graduation, trouble occurred. In our old house in the rain broke the roof. I cried, and the next day I began to look for ways to go abroad to work.

My husband let me go with a light heart. He didn't care. My daughter took my decision hard, but she knew there was no other way. I have lived in Italy for 17 years. During that time, a lot of water has leaked. The husband died and the daughter got married. A loving son-in-law came to our house. For my money, he built a real palace out of our hut, which had no equal in the village.

I spared no money for the construction. Just because I thought it was my home too. But last year there was an unpleasant incident. After that, I had to rethink my priorities.

My son-in-law was celebrating his birthday. The house barely accommodated all his friends and relatives. Maxim conducted a tour of the rooms, in the yard. Barely out of his skin, he praised his master's talents. And I looked at the whole circus and waited for him to mention his beloved mother-in-law, to thank him. Of course! Not a single word hinted at the guests who paid for the entire “plain”.

When asked where I would live, he joked: I have a mother-in-law. She'll buy an apartment so she doesn't bother the young. Right, Mother?

Loving son-in-law: the price of kindness Everyone giggled cheerfully, and I was crushed by a stone from sadness and hopelessness. I felt unnecessary in my own home. It was at that moment that I decided to start saving for an apartment. And the “thankful” children will not wait for me more than a penny. That's what I told my family.

My daughter sulked at me for a long time, but then she went to the settlement first and called. We started talking again. And now he's asking me for money. He knows I've saved a lot of money in a year.

I can't understand it. That's why they have this sauna pool. I could not believe for a moment that they were working for me and my future grandchildren. My business loving son-in-law wants to impress his buddies. At my expense!

I'm very bitter. My daughter knows how hard it is to get out of poverty. But apparently, I never managed to teach her the value of money. And then my mother got bad. Marina threatened that if I refused to help them, they would break all ties with me.

My heart hurts and I don’t know what to do. What's more important, housing or a good relationship with your daughter? What am I supposed to do?

Tags

See also

New and interesting