The daughter happily thanked for the gift, and the son-in-law said that he would not move to the gifted apartment

“An amazing son-in-law with my husband, who would have thought! The story is on the verge of fiction, and my friends don’t believe it when I tell it. The thing is, my son-in-law doesn't want to move into the apartment that Natasha and I gave them. Well, who in his mind refuses such gifts? – can not understand Lilia Mikhailovna.

My daughter is going to have a baby soon. For several years the young family has been living in a rented apartment. Now they give almost all the money for rented housing. But I immediately told Natasha that I was giving her an apartment that my husband and I had bought for them. A couple of months later, we handed our children the keys to the apartment.

The daughter was very happy, because rented housing is expensive, and the conditions there, to put it mildly, are not the best for a newborn child. So my husband and I got into it. My son-in-law didn’t even change his facial expression and said “thank you.” He's proud, you see, he wants to do everything himself. This is certainly commendable, but I am concerned about the fate of the baby.

Now Natasha and Sergey live in a residential area, they rent a two-bedroom apartment. A young family saves some money to buy their own home. But living in a rented apartment, you will not save much. Especially since the food is always expensive. And when there are three, it will be even harder.

My husband and I have been saving money for years. They wanted to buy an apartment in their old age. But when Natasha came to us with the wonderful news about replenishing the family, we did not doubt for a second that we should help our daughter with housing. We did not have the entire amount, so we took a small loan and bought a two-bedroom apartment in a new building with repairs, there only furniture must be brought.

For my daughter’s birthday, we gave her the keys to the apartment. Natasha was so happy, kissed us, very grateful. So far, the apartment is registered for her husband, but this is a formality, the housing belongs to Natasha and her husband, so we told them. They can freely dispose of the apartment and make any changes in it.

The next day, Natasha called me and told me that her son-in-law refused to enter the gifted apartment. He doesn't want to be indebted to anyone. Says that after a while, I'll be hanging out at their house all the time and he won't be able to kick me out. Now he is on his territory, earns himself, pays for housing himself. He doesn’t go to the country, he celebrates holidays with his parents. The son-in-law thinks that he will no longer be the full owner of his house. And we tried for them.

Fears of son-in-law Lilia Mikhailovna are partly true. Now he feels like a breadwinner, the head of the family. If he and his wife moved into her apartment, the husband would feel uncomfortable, as if he could not take care of his wife and child. Male pride is very easy to hurt. And although Lilia Mikhailovna now says that she did not think about anything, she may well change her mind in a few years.

After all, Natalia’s parents bought this house and climbed on credit. They originally wanted to buy an apartment for themselves. Would they regret giving such a generous gift to their daughter? Maybe the spouses should live in the apartment of their parents and save money faster to buy their home, and then it will become clear whether they have the right to leave such a gift for themselves. What would you do if you were your son-in-law?

Tags

See also

New and interesting