When you can't rewrite an apartment to your daughter

The housing issue is sometimes able to quarrel the closest people. Someone constantly does not have enough space, someone works all their lives to honestly earn money for housing, and someone wants to get everything without doing anything. Lyudmila Pavlovna is now wondering whether the risk of being deceived is justified if a deed of gift for an apartment is issued during her lifetime? Or is it better to draw up a will so as not to become a victim of scammers?

Donation for an apartment during his lifetime “My daughter and I have not had a very warm relationship, especially since she got married. And recently she became even more friendly, she began to visit me more often. Last week she brought me a huge bag of groceries, I only later realized what it was all about. Asya wants me to rewrite the apartment for her.

I will soon be 70 years old, I live alone in a two-room apartment, which at one time I earned with hard work. My daughter Asya is now 40 years old and has been married for a long time. Asya and her husband live with their mother-in-law, they have a house with two separate entrances. Once Asya wanted me to sell the apartment and give her some of the money so that she could save up for housing and live with her family separately from her husband's parents in the future.

It has been several weeks since Asya became friendly and sweet, she visits me and helps. Yesterday, when she came with a bag of groceries, I guessed what this behavior was about. I was going to bequeath my daughter's apartment anyway, I have no one else, but is it worth it to draw up a deed of gift now?

At the moment, my daughter has a roof over her head, her father-in-law treats her well, and no one pretends to the second part of the house. When I am gone, Asya will still get the apartment, and then let him decide what to do with it.

I would be glad to rewrite the apartment to Asya, but I'm afraid. Recently there was an incident with a neighbor. He gave his granddaughter a place to live, and then stayed on the street. I don’t want to upset my daughter, and I don’t want any problems, because if I issue a deed of gift, I will lose the right to an apartment and I can be evicted at any time. Besides, I have a feeling that my son-in-law is just waiting for this. "

From the Editor Lyudmila Pavlovna's fears are understandable. There are terrible stories when relatives actually evict their loved ones and leave them with nothing. But if the daughter suddenly brought up this topic, perhaps she is worried about something. An apartment is a lot. Even if you are confident in your children, you cannot be one hundred percent sure and trust your friends and acquaintances in the same way. To resolve the issue, it is better to seek the help of a lawyer. He knows the laws and will be able to give good advice. There is no need to rush to conclusions, you need to give yourself time and think carefully about everything.

Tags

See also

New and interesting