To help my daughter, I went to work, but when I came back, I realized that everything had changed too much.

Unfortunately, such a concept as poverty It still exists, even now, in the 21st century. Everything is relative from country to country. For some, poverty is simply the inability to buy more than one car per family. And some call poverty cases when you have to borrow money from friends, in order to have enough money to buy food in the store. So it was, so it is, and probably will be for a long time.

Many people, to correct their own financial situation, decide to take active actions. They take loans and start their own business. Or, for example, sell real estate to invest in something. And if you don't have confidence or knowledge about something like that, well. Many people move to richer countries and build their careers there. Of course, no one takes them to the place of bankers. But even heavy, monotonous and relatively low-paid work can bear fruit there. The main thing is to have motivation and willpower. That's how it works.

I never thought it would happen to me, but yes. I have also experienced making money abroad. In general, I would be able to live peacefully in my home, in the countryside. But the duties of a parent did not allow me to do so. The only daughter with her husband and child just gave me no other choice. No, they didn't ask me for any cash handouts, quite the contrary. But I'm a mother, and I can see that things don't go according to plan. How could I have done otherwise?

Zina moved to the city immediately after the wedding. And not in the apartment to his husband, but in their common, removable. I thought, let's do this. There are more opportunities in the city, they are young, they can still save themselves. But as time passed, I had a grandson, and they continued to live in the same Khrushchev, although they pretended that they were completely satisfied with it. Right, pride. But I was not satisfied with this order of things. On the other hand, my son-in-law flatly refused to move to my village. He said that he would be uncomfortable, and without a car it would be difficult to drive every day to the city, to work.

So, after a little thought, having gathered my will in my fist, I decided that I should not be lazy, but go to another country and try my luck. Not for myself, but for my daughter and child. That's us moms. That's how we got it inside. My friend, who has been working there for a long time, had called me before. And now I had to dial her number to find out what it takes for a successful job and in general, what are the pitfalls. After learning my language, I left. In the hope that nothing bad will happen to me abroad. And I was lucky.

I quickly settled into a new place, there were a lot of people talking to me in the same language, so acclimatization, you can say, was successful. Six months later, my daughter called and asked if they could live with me. I certainly agreed. The house was empty anyway. But what about the work and in general, how will the son-in-law react to this? Then my daughter told me that she simply saw no other way out. So he can keep his opinion to himself, still nothing will change.

Three years later, I came home for a while. Talk to Zina, son-in-law, babysit your grandson. And I must say, I didn't recognize my house at all. The young family made external repairs, bought some furniture. And in my room, my son-in-law made himself an office. I can’t say I liked this approach very much. Now I felt very uncomfortable here. Well, what else can I say if a small bed at the entrance turned into a new-fangled lawn? You can't even plant a tomato there now. All the grass grows. Why do you need it? No one has anything like it around them. People appreciate what they have.

My daughter replied that she and her husband had decided so. They’re still young, so their homes look modern. When asked where the money came from, Zina said they took out the loan. And it's almost paid off. I don't know why. Anyway, there is no practical component in the flat lawn or appearance of my house. I won't speak for my son-in-law's office. Maybe he really needs him. I personally doubt that.

I left my daughter some money: dress up, buy something for the child, and that's all. So, with different thoughts, I went back to work. When I arrived in another country, it was like a click in my head. And the garden, the one behind the house?! I used it to collect crops and even handed over food to my daughters. He's almost gone! I didn't even pay attention. What are they doing all this time if they are not working on the ground? Calling my daughter, I heard the following answer: they are used to city life and gardens they do not need. It is easier to buy food in the city for a few weeks and live like this. And shovels and rakes are not their “theme”.

After hearing this, I advised my daughter to take up her mind and not be lazy. Because the land feeds the hardworking. Getting a bird or an animal will not work. The city has made it so that hands are growing out of the wrong place. Have fresh or canned vegetables all year round. How can you ever give that up? My grandson is no longer a baby, he's less concerned. So why not take care of yourself if you have free time?

In short, my daughter promised that she would listen to me. And the next year, I made a video of tomato sprouts, cucumbers and even sweet peppers. It was nice and I praised Zina. Looking at her house, she couldn’t hold back a tear. I knew at the time that the house was completely self-made. So it was time to change course. I had to make money not for my daughter’s apartment, but for some corner for myself. I also liked the city life. So why not live in an apartment at home? One room is enough for me. Although the fresh air and the absence of loud noises is, of course, beautiful.

Well, when I told my daughter about my decision, I heard a note of negativity in her voice. Of course, a one-bedroom apartment is now not suitable for them. They are used to the village and even to their neighbors. But the very idea that I wanted to live apart, neither my son-in-law nor Zina liked at all. They suggested I go back to them. Together we would have to build another room. On the side of the house or on the second floor, so I can live with their family. Even his son-in-law wanted it very much, although he had previously said that he would not be able to feel like a master. Wow, what's changed?

The daughter says she misses her very much. My son-in-law is babbling something like that. But I personally have suspicions that they just want to hang my grandson around my neck, and at the same time that I also do the housework while they both rest. Do an extension, you know. Is it a konuru? I don't like that option at all. It’s good that I haven’t had time to come home yet. I think I'm gonna make a living for myself. I'll get my daughter some money. That's it. You cannot take kindness for granted. You can't. At least I'm still feeling good, in terms of health. But I don't want to drag their whole family either. Working alone for yourself is fine. But keep three more people? I'm sorry, I need to know the measure.

Tags

See also

New and interesting