I looked at the empty apartment of my daughter and son-in-law, I typed in a vault, I was not happy that I called.

Once the wife’s dowry parents collected before the wedding. The bride moved to the house of her future husband, who was obliged to take care of her. No one has done this for a long time, but the memory of tradition remains. Many still live by the old rules and continue to instill ancient customs in the younger generation. Only in the modern world is it difficult to put everything into practice.

My daughter said she was getting married a couple of months ago. We thought about it together and decided to postpone the celebration until next year. The young agreed, but did everything early in their own way, says Anna Vasilievna, the mother of the bride.

The young wanted to move in as soon as possible, so they decided to sign and move to live in rented housing. We will celebrate the solemn part later. What to do, children adults: My man is 23 years old, and her fiancé is 27 years old. He works, and Luda is still studying at the university.

My son-in-law is good, decent. He is independent, and together he and Luda have never asked for anything since they began to live together. I went to visit my daughter for tea. When I entered the apartment, I was not surprised, but stunned by how empty the apartment was.

In the kitchen there are two stools and one pan, no kitchen utensils, one set of bed linen and a couple of towels. They sleep on a mattress, and they only have a dresser for things. I immediately asked Sasha, is that all? He smiled and calmly replied that this was all for now, and they would make the rest. Lyuda said that her husband spent a large amount on rent for two months and the services of a realtor. But soon, she says, they'll buy everything.

I didn't know that my son-in-law was taking her daughter from her home, where everything is, into an empty box. I asked my daughter to come to me, gave her a couple of sets of bed, plaid, pillows, spoons, forks, plates. There were no mugs. I got my daughter's number just in case. A month later, I came to the newlyweds again, they did not have any mugs. Nothing has changed in the apartment since then.”

I was outraged by the inaction of the svatya, I called her to talk. She said we should work together and help them buy everything they need. And then the mother of the son-in-law tells me that her son is an adult and that he is able to provide for the family. She has already made her contribution to this family by buying her son a car.

She said of my daughter that she was a student and that her son now had to provide for her while she was studying. He pays for housing, food, everything. And my wife's dowry is mine. We haven't lived by old traditions for a long time. But since we were talking about them, the son-in-law had to take the bride to his house, and not to an empty apartment, for which you have to give a lot of money to a stranger every month.

It was not possible to agree, and probably will not work. How come? So the kids are on their own, and I'm the only one trying to help? My finances are tight right now. A man without a job is the youngest son to be supported. But I'm more worried about my daughter. Now all her married life, her mother-in-law will not help. Is that possible?

Lyuda was offended by that phone call, that's all thanks for the support. My son-in-law doesn't talk to me either, because he thinks it's none of my business. Only I am not indifferent to the fate of my daughter, and I cannot distance myself from her, as Svatya did.

Children do not cease to be children, even when they grow up and get married, have children. Mother’s heart will always be worried, mother will always try to help everything possible. Everyone's upbringing is different. To raise an independent son, who is 27 years old and has the opportunity to provide for a family, requires hedgehog mittens. In strictness, but not without encouragement, a man grows up independently.

Mother Alexander does not consider it necessary to get involved in the life of newlyweds. My wife's mom's worried about everything. Should I impose my ideas about family life? Apparently, Lyudmila and Alexander do not feel discomfort in an empty rented apartment. The important thing is that they're together. They never asked for help from their parents, because they are sure that they will cope with all the difficulties together.

Tags

See also

New and interesting