I decided to give my husband’s sister her new fur coat, not even knowing how she would thank me.

“I met my husband’s sister at my own wedding. She seemed like a nice girl then, but we haven't talked much since. And recently I gave Ana an expensive fur coat, which turned out to be small after giving birth. This generous gift has become a stumbling block on the way to our friendly relationship with Anya, - admits Katerina.

Sergey and I signed in a modest family circle and decided that the money saved from the wedding, we will spend on the repair of our apartment. The apartment was given to me by my parents for my wedding. We have not yet been able to complete the repairs. Redevelopment and materials were expensive, and some of the repair work we tried to do with my husband.

We have been married for 5 years, very happy and waiting for replenishment in the family. During this time, I never got to know my husband’s sister because she lived in another city. Recently, I learned that Anya divorced and moved in with her parents.
Her life did not go well after the divorce. Her mother-in-law was worried that her daughter had withdrawn and did not want to leave the house. She asked us to come to her house more often so that Anya could relax a little. I really felt sorry for her, we used to get together on the weekends and sometimes walk together.

I was nice to Ana, and I won't say we got close, but she used to be at our house a lot, and I trusted her. It got cold and I started going through the closet. Every season I get rid of what I don’t wear. It turned out that my new fur coat became too small for me, as I gained weight during pregnancy. I immediately thought of Ana, she's just wearing smaller clothes.

I was sorry to leave a good thing in the closet. My husband was surprised that I was giving such an expensive gift to his sister. But I explained that after childbirth I will not be able to walk in it for a long time, why do things disappear? My mother and sister wear a different size, I would be happy to give them, but the coat will not fit either of them.

“Anya, when she received a gift, was very happy.” Her coat sat perfectly. I was glad I gave someone a good gift. And then I found out about Ana not very good news. It turned out that we have a mutual friend, and she told me how behind the eyes Anya pours dirt on me.

It turned out that I, according to her, bathe in gold, my apartment is huge, and I gave her an expensive fur coat from the master’s shoulder. I always call to visit to show how good my repairs are. And the fur coat gave her a worn one, and Ana had to accept a gift so that I would not be offended. I'm not inviting her to visit now. It is a pity that in the end I received such gratitude, or I could sell it for good money. I did not find out the relationship, but Anya still wears a fur coat, does not disdain.

From the editorial board, envy spoils all relationships. It is a shame, of course, when you sincerely try to help a person, and he pours dirt on you. But you should not be offended by such people. Hard life cultivates anger and envy in a person, and this should not affect the feelings of other people. Sincere care and unselfish good deeds are not appreciated by everyone, and often this causes hardening of good people.

Tags

See also

New and interesting