I decided to give my daughter an apartment for the wedding, and register the housing for myself, perhaps, but matchmakers intervened.

A friendly attitude towards people, especially relatives, is a double-edged sword. Sometimes the closest sit on the neck, hanging legs. You give them the last shirt, and they complain: not enough! The heroine of our story wanted the best for her daughter and her family, but it turned out to be extreme. Whose side is justice on?

I am 62 and have lived and worked in Portugal for the past 15 years. Raised money for a good dowry for her only daughter Sveta. I gave her a two-bedroom apartment in a new building in an elite area of the city.

I gave it with one nuance. The house was planned to write on itself, because it is not enough. And let the young live. But expensive matchmakers intervened. They made me complain that this would not work. They don't want their son living in my apartment on a bird's license. What kind of head of the family will he be? Without the status of a full owner of the house, there will be no business.

At first I was outraged, although I did not quarrel. That's a good thing, I bought an apartment, and other people impose conditions. But my son-in-law's parents gave me an ultimatum: either I'm rewriting the housing for my children, or there won't be a wedding. It was a real blackmail. At the time, I saw no other options.

The difficult decision of the Light loved Oleg very much, and my heart broke. How am I gonna lose my blood? She did not say anything about this unpleasant conversation, so as not to upset her daughter. I had to go with the matchmakers. I already knew who I was dealing with. But I can't live with them. In the end, the matchmakers got their way, and I designed an apartment for children.

It's been three years. My daughter and son-in-law are doing well, thank God. During this time, they had twins. While I am abroad, Svatya helps children with grandchildren. I see that the family turned out to be strong, happy. And my heart is as good as my mom.

In order not to be a burden to her daughter in old age, she took care of her well-being. My husband and I renovated our old house in the village. My husband is retired, but a smart and hard worker. Saves every penny. He doesn't work. In his spare time he taxes, and in season he grows vegetables and fruits for sale.

I recently came home from work again. We decided with my husband that we would buy a new car and give our daughter and son-in-law. The old foreign car is 13 years old, but it is on the move and in good condition. A spacious family car. The children have not yet saved up, and the daughter is just the third pregnant. The car will not be superfluous on the farm.

You know, other people would love a gift like that. And our lips were twisted and offended. They decided that we would give them a new car and keep the old one. It doesn't get in the way anymore!

And the matchmakers are expensive here, like here, inhabited from all sides. Claims have been made again. Why do we retirees need a new car? I didn't shut up this time. She told her family everything she had. I've decided what I think will happen. Why do strangers suddenly manage my money?

And the saddest thing is that my blood, my daughter, did not take our side with my father. We never regretted anything for her. I was offended by the old car. I think it's better old than none. And that's something to be grateful for. My husband and I bought a car and we will not change our decision. The friendly attitude came back to me.

By the way, our matchmakers live on retirement and have not given anything to our children. Yeah, they're messing with their grandchildren, helping with the housework. It's not enough, but still! For some reason, the daughter and her husband do not complain to them. Is that fair?

I suspect that the daughter was “treated” and son-in-law. My girl was never greedy or self-serving. It seems that Oleg passed on his parental genes. He doesn't have much money either. Although he recently started working in construction, there is always work to do. And he got used to counting our money.

Now the children do not talk to us, and matchmakers keep adding fuel to the fire and inciting them against us. I would go to peace, although I can no longer tolerate such an attitude of my strength. Am I not right in this situation? Now I think about how to put in the place of the parents of the son-in-law and bring the children to reason.

What would you advise the heroine of this story? Should she make a concession and fulfill the whim of children and matchmakers? Share your views in the comments.

Tags

See also

New and interesting