When I woke up to someone carefully taking my hand, the kids gave me an unexpected surprise.

Is a gift for a woman’s anniversary important? I didn’t think about it before, because I was rarely spoiled with expensive gifts. Usually I was presented with necessary things for the house, kitchen or household. My birthdays I preferred not to celebrate: raised three children and extra money for the feast was not. We had to save money on ourselves, because the husband in the family was only “numbered”: he did not provide for us financially and did not participate in the upbringing of children.

Of course, to receive a personal gift on the anniversary of a woman is very pleasant. I could feel it when I was 50 years old. By that time, my children, and they are in the weather, have already grown up and received an education. On the eve of my birthday, my eldest son and youngest daughter came to visit us.

My middle son couldn't come. As always, but this is not about him. I did not expect any gifts at that time, but I planned to set the festive table. Not for myself, but for my beloved guests. In the evening I stayed longer in the kitchen to make preparations for the upcoming gala dinner, and went to bed far past midnight.

Unsplash I was tired, but I was sleepy. In the morning I woke up from the fact that I was very carefully taken by the hand. I opened my eyes and saw the following picture: my daughter leaned over me and pressed my index finger against a new smartphone. Behind her stood our first child. He's a tall guy, hard to miss.

I had no idea what was going on. The kids hugged me, kissed me and told me that the touch phone was their birthday present. They explained that the finger should be tightly pressed against the window so that the device reads my fingerprint. This was necessary to further unlock the phone. I had never heard of it, so I was surprised. But the surprise did not stop me from sincerely thanking the children for the gift, because he touched me to tears.

It was a pleasure to have something that was meant for me personally. On holidays, as a rule, I was presented with objects for general use: cups, a kettle, an iron, bedding and the like. Of course, all this was useful in everyday life, but such things can not be called a personal gift. They were given mainly by relatives, cronies and colleagues at work.

I did not see any presents from my husband, I did not feel great love and care either. Three years ago, he brought me a ring. Let me be clear: cheap trinket. "Wow!" You're generous! Is that all I deserved over the years of living together?! – a bitter thought hurt me in the heart. Out of politeness, I kept quiet and put the ring on the shelf. My husband was angry that I didn’t want to carry his gift. As a grown woman, I am ashamed to wear jewelry. I believe that serious ladies should wear jewelry made of gold or silver. And if expensive jewelry is not available, it is better to go with one wedding ring. Which I do.

Unsplash My daughter recently got married. Her husband was a smart guy who makes good money. This year they gave me a laptop for my birthday. My son-in-law “sponsored” and chose an electronic device, and his young wife only gave him moral support. But that's not the point. The main thing is that children do not forget about me even at a distance.

No matter how “knocked” the beauty of years, deep in her soul she remains a vulnerable girl. She is flattered by the attention of others, whether it is her husband, children, employees or neighbors. Therefore, the gift on the anniversary of a woman is very important: even if the lady does not celebrate the next round date, it will serve as a confirmation that she is loved and appreciated. Do you agree with me?

Tags

See also

New and interesting