Unsurpassed chicken tobacco recipe by Vladimir Vysotsky

I learned how to cook on YouTube, and I’m not ashamed to admit it. Yeah, sure, and I sometimes look at my mom's handwritten recipe book. But still somehow it is more convenient to open the video and see exactly how a particular dish is prepared. After all, it is not only the ratio of ingredients that is important, the technique itself is important. I always pay attention to how the cook puts his hands, which knife he chooses and what size pan. I won’t talk too much about it, but I’ll show you a recipe. Today on the menu - chicken tobacco from Vladimir Vysotsky!

Youtube Yes, the same Vysotsky, who is a poet, and actor, and singer, and musician. It turned out that he is not even a cook. And the recipe I found on the channel of one of my favorite culinary bloggers - Vasily Emelianenko. What I like most is the way he explains it in a human way. And, of course, his sparkling comments. I learned a lot of cooking tricks from him.

This recipe was sent to Vasily by one of his faithful subscribers, whose father in his youth met in Moscow with Seva Abdulov. Thus, Seva Abdulov, who played Petyunya in "The meeting place can not be changed." This is a lucky character who managed to win a lottery of 50,000 rubles, if you remember.

In general, they decided to celebrate this and went to the actor’s home. Soon Vysotsky himself came there and said: “We will cook chicken tobacco!” The recipe is, of course, legendary. Even Vasily Emelianenko noted that he had not yet cooked chicken.

Legendary recipe ingredients for chicken tobacco
  • 1 small chicken
  • 15g black pepper
  • 10g salt
  • 5 cloves of garlic
  • 50g butter
  • 2 tbsp sour cream

Preparation
  1. First prepare the chicken: cut it and cut it. It is necessary to cut it on the back line. Vasily Emelianenko explains why. Note that the chicken has almost no meat on its back, but it is pathetic to cut the breast, so it will release all its precious juice. Cut the chicken tobacco through a board or bag to open it as much as possible. But do not overdo it so that there are no bones in the meat.

YouTube

2. In this recipe as many as three brand secrets Vysotsky. And the first one is a bunch of spices that need to rub a chicken. In order to cook it, rub the garlic on a grater and rub it with salt and pepper, then form a wet lump. It is better to take freshly ground pepper, so it will be more aromatic. And salt is calculated from the ratio of 10 g per 1 kg of meat. If the chicken is large, it is better to take 15 g of salt.

YouTube
  3. The resulting lump thoroughly rub the chicken from all sides: from above and below, from the sides and even under the skin. The smell must be incredible!
  4. Start the second secret of the recipe: in 300 ml of water, stir a tablespoon of strong (9%) vinegar and pour chicken. Just pour it carefully so as not to wash away the spicy paste. In this form, in the refrigerator, the chicken can stand and marinate for several days, waiting for its hour. But Vasily waited a couple of hours - that's enough. It's another thing if you don't have time. Then yes - in the marinade and put in the refrigerator.

YouTube
  5. It's time to fry. To do this, the original recipe uses cast-iron pan, but Vasily Emelianenko, as a professional chef, fears that butter on it will start to burn heavily. So he takes a thick aluminum pan and puts it on a medium fire so that the heat is evenly distributed. Melt in the pan 50 g of butter and lay out the chicken.
  6. Now traditionally squeeze a chicken with a pot of water or, as the chef did, a pot with borscht. Many people have one in the refrigerator, it can be safely used.

YouTube
  7. Fry a small chicken should be 25 minutes, periodically turning over. It turns out that you need to flip three times to roast twice on both sides for 5-7 minutes. And don't forget the abs!
  8. Now that the chicken is 95% ready, the third secret from Vladimir Vysotsky. Smear the finished chicken with a spoonful of sour cream on one side, turn over, smear with a second spoon, wait a couple of minutes and turn over again. In the end, you will get a unique crust on both sides. You can serve the table. Now you know how to make chicken tobacco!

YouTube

This recipe again made me think about how lucky I am to live in an era when I can just watch how Vasily Emelianenko cooks in his native kitchen. You can see for yourself that it is much easier! I leave a link to the recipe:

about:blank

And the chicken tobacco turned out just fine. The meat after soaking is extracaustic, even the breast boasts a phenomenal tenderness. And, of course, a golden crust, from the look at which saliva and flow. The same subscriber said that he had met this recipe in some overseas restaurant, and they have been cooking it for 20 years. I, like Vasily Emelianenko, was absolutely delighted with this way of frying chicken tobacco - I will cook with this recipe again and again.

Tags

See also

New and interesting