Is it true that in Soviet times, milk was more natural and tastier, we remember how we went after it with candies?

I went to the supermarket for bread and remembered that the yogurt bananas were out. On the way to the fruit department, I stayed for a second at the dairy showcase. “That's the variety! Not like the Union! she thought. It is a pity that the quality leaves much to be desired! I immediately remembered a distant childhood: empty store shelves, enameled candy with a pen and delicious Soviet milk.

It was sold on spills or in glass bottles. Later they began to produce milk in triangular bags. The range of goods was scarce, but as dairy products, no one doubted.

Soviet milk was inexpensive. Depending on the season and area of residence per liter of product required to pay from 18 to 28 kopecks. Due to its availability, dairy dishes were included in the daily menu of ordinary citizens. Few people talked about lactose allergies at the time. Perhaps this disease was less common then. Milk, cottage cheese, kefir, sour cream and cheese were loved by many, so families regularly ate dairy products, which managed to find in the store.

There were difficult periods when restrictions were imposed on the sale of dairy products in one hand. Soviet citizens then tried to trick a little and went to the store for a couple of people at the same time. For milk and other products had to stand in long queues. These were the realities of the time, and people had to put up with them. Since then, I can't stand too many customers at one counter.

Unlike modern milk surrogate, Soviet milk was natural and had a limited shelf life. For its extraction milked cows, not squeezed juices from plants. The only problem with this product is unscrupulous trade workers who tried to dilute it with water for profit. They did the same thing with sour cream. For this reason, fresh milk brought from the store was boiled before drinking.

In the Soviet Union, dairy products were made from ordinary cow's milk. For its production, cheap plant substitutes such as palm oil were not used. In the USSR, consumers could not worry about the quality of goods and the amount of ingredients, because there was a single GOST, which was adhered to by all factories. The habit of studying the composition on the packaging has developed already in our days, when a cheese product instead of hard cheese, condensed milk, spread instead of butter, yogurt with a shelf life of six months and the like appeared on sale.

Immersed in memories and suddenly caught myself thinking that I want to drink milk and cake, as I did as a child. Came to the shelf, which adorned fresh pastries, and put in the basket ruddy “chamomile”. Then I went to the market to buy homemade milk, because I do not recognize the store. At one time, she tried dairy products from various well-known manufacturers, but they cannot be compared with Soviet milk. Since no one supplies this now, I began to buy milk from a “proven” hostess at the local bazaar and always remain satisfied with its taste.

Want to know what I do when I can’t get my hands on fresh produce? In this case, I have a plastic bottle of frozen milk in my freezer that can be reached at any moment. It should be thawed and boiled, then all lumps of frozen fat will dissolve. Such milk is pleasant to drink, it is suitable for baking and milk porridges. Also, on its basis, it is easy to make homemade yogurt, which will be much more useful than store yogurt.

What kind of milk do you prefer?

Tags

See also

New and interesting