One day my son came home and said that my grandmother needed help, so I found out that my ex-mother-in-law was not doing well.

Karma of fate It can happen when you are not expecting it at all. To be honest, that’s how it works. Many people believe that there is no boomerang effect. And all this cunning Hindus invented, along with the wheel of Samsara and other fairy tales. However, as practice shows, even in our ordinary life, not impregnated with the smell of aromatic sticks and daily meditations, you can find many examples of the action of this very karma.

They say, “It is God who punishes me for my past sins.” But the essence of this does not change at all. There is only one conclusion: Do unto men as you would have them do unto you. Both strangers and loved ones. Try to live this life with dignity. In the leftover, what kind of person you will be is what really matters. Success in any field can be achieved without setting someone up. In the twenty-first century, there are plenty of opportunities!

I always thought revenge wasn’t about me. Why sow negativity when everything in life is interconnected? Of course, petty gloating is inherent in all people, so we are built. But to rejoice in someone else’s grief, even if deserved? Let the book villains do this, I'm just an ordinary woman who has no enemies. Where would they come from with an ordinary housewife? But no, it turns out I still have some anger in me.

How did it all start? Probably dating. My husband introduced me to his mother just before the wedding. My mother-in-law has always been a powerful woman, on her mind. And until the last did not want to get acquainted with some “girls”, believing that her son at the last moment will pull himself together and cancel the wedding. So when I first saw her, I felt the look of a natural dog breeder. That's how she looked at me like an animal. Appreciative look and without much desire to talk at least normally.

We got married, though. And they started living in my one-bedroom apartment. Elena Alexandrovna decided not to let us in. I wouldn’t even want to live in her apartment. Even with three rooms and a nice neighborhood. She would have eaten me, honestly. I know this, because all these years my mother-in-law managed to saw me on the phone and in person, when we met on holidays. And just when her son came to visit her. I have most often waived this honor, citing child care or any other reason.

Yes, I decided to stay at home, leaving the right to earn money to my husband. It felt easier for both of us. I had to do the housework and watch everything, and Igor worked on a rotational basis. And I'll tell you what, it's pretty hard when you don't see your spouse for weeks at a time. And the other part of the time, you can't interrogate him to do anything around the house. He's a breadwinner, not a householder. Besides, as a person Igor is quite lazy, but I guessed about it in the premarital period.

Anyway, we couldn't buy a bigger apartment. It's a great renovation, yes. I went on vacation with my son, too. We did. There were no purchases other than the car. And it even suited me. I didn’t want to fight or change anything. I thought that after school, we would send my son to the institute, to another city, and then he went on himself. I don’t see anything wrong with letting a child be independent. We have at least one, but I was not going to run after him and wipe the snot.

I didn't have to. It turned out that his father needed a nurse. I mean, a woman who seemed to Igor more worthy than me in terms of care. What is it with Igor, his mother liked her? And you have to be able to do that, to get people to do that. So my husband moved away from me, and then we quietly divorced. I stayed at my apartment with my son. And the ex-husband took his new woman to his mother. In general, there is nothing more to tell here. Because I was in shock all that time, and it was like my brain was trying to erase it.

Takprosto I allowed my son to continue to communicate with his father, as he, in my opinion, was already an adult. Although I was a little worried that my dad and grandma might turn him against me, it just happened. Igor did not pay me alimony, but often bought everything for my son. This is where my mother-in-law must be. I wasn’t going to spend my ex’s money on myself. And he knew it perfectly well. But the decision was made and I had nothing against it.

In general, the only thing I was afraid of was a change in activity. I thought a typical housewife would never find a job. Well, there is no experience, and no habit. What can I do but keep my house clean and comfortable? Sitting with a baby? But other people's children are strangers. They need an approach and, frankly, a desire for some kind of care. I've never had anything like that. Thanks to my friend, she helped me with my advice.

In our area there is an office building, consisting entirely of offices. This is where I found my source of income. She worked as a cleaner for several companies. Wipe the dust, sometimes remove excess and do wet cleaning. All in all, it gave me a good profit, and by the end of the day I wasn’t even tired. Years of practice have done their job. A pleasant communication with young intelligent people left a sea of positive. Things started to get better.

But, as it turned out, they were adjusted only for me. My husband, as I said, was often away. And during this time, his new woman managed to taste all the “charms” of life with Igor’s mother. There was no one to complain to her, so the passions were only heating up. And then Elena Alexandrovna broke her hip. And from just an angry woman in age became also lying. Here, her new daughter-in-law's nerves broke, and she just left. Without warning, as I understand it.

And Igor, what about Igor? He was too lazy to take out the trash in his best days. But with his sick mother it became very difficult for him. Time went by and work waited. As I understood, he had no savings for a nurse, and my former mother-in-law completely refused to be treated in the hospital. So their family decided to come to me. Not directly, but through my son. In a nutshell, that's what he told me. Some of the conclusions I made myself. "Grandma needs help."

This issue is still unresolved. I can redraw my work schedule and help Elena Alexandrovna at home. It is. But... There's no desire. Yeah, I've known her for years. And we had good times with her son. Shared child and memories. That's it. But it's called karma, right? I'm not going to celebrate their grief, I don't need it. But I don't want to help either. Bye. We need to weigh it up and decide. It's been three days and I can't make a decision. Maybe we should wait a little longer, don’t you think? Or maybe it will all pass by itself, there are miracles in life?

Tags

See also

New and interesting