I was not going to tolerate it anymore, so I stopped my mother-in-law in front of the bathroom door and expressed all my complaints.

When relatives live nearby, we have the opportunity to spend more time together, they can support us in a difficult moment or just brighten up a sad evening with their visit. And in general, surrounded by a bunch of close people will not get bored. However, sometimes even the closest people make us think to ourselves: “I just want to live in peace, why should I?”

Peels Today editorial office "Site" She will share with you the story of a reader who suffers from her husband’s family living next door.

I want to live peacefully

With my husband’s mother-in-law and sister, we live in the same village, but in different houses. And every year, as soon as it gets warmer, we have problems with hot water. When the heating season ends, we have access to it only a few hours a day. I think a lot of people can imagine that with two kids, it's really hard. That’s why a few years ago, we decided to take the plunge and finally install a water heater. We thought we would live comfortably now, depending on no one. But it wasn't. That is, we did not depend on anyone, but the relatives of the husband.

The fact that Elena Petrovna, mother-in-law, and Xenia, sister of her husband, decided that they can now come to us at any time of the day to wash and wash things. That would seem like an interesting solution. But in addition to this, Elena Petrovna is also an adept of hand washing, because the machine “eats up energy.” And now she is standing with a bag of dirty things and dog bedding (well, dogs need cleanliness too) above our bathroom. The one my kids swim in.

Peels Mother-in-law did not care that it is not very hygienic, because the dogs, according to her, she has domestic, healthy. She didn’t care about how much extra expenses our family had due to a round-the-clock water heater. “Will my son spare the money to get my mother to wash?” No, I understand, but the situation was getting to extremes. In the first year, they came literally every day. Ksenia used to spend hours in the bathroom, going on another date. And since they loved to come together, all these hours I had to entertain my mother-in-law. I'm generally hospitable. But for every day, even my energy is lacking.

Then my husband and I talked and decided that in order to solve this problem, we would have to sponsor the purchase of our own water heater. They collected the money, and the husband gave it to Elena Petrovna. There was no purchase of a heater. Instead, the mother-in-law bought her beloved daughter new gold earrings. Xenia was thrilled and I was shocked. They continued to wash with us. For some reason, in the few hours they had hot water, they never had time to shower. I didn't know what to do anymore. Don't kick him out, do you? You won't be counting, after all, relatives. And, thank goodness, they didn’t come during the season.

But we could not live like this anymore, so this time we decided to independently control the heater in the house of the mother-in-law was still installed. Having received the consent of Elena Petrovna, we paid for its purchase and installation. But that didn't change anything.

On the day of the blackout, she came back to us. The silent question in my eyes was followed by the answer: “Where did I get the money to pay for it?” He spends as much in an hour as we do in a day.” Bypassing me, my mother-in-law rushed into the bathroom, but then I could not resist. I asked why we had to pay for their electricity. “This is not a free bath. Either start paying or leave, I said, beating my mother-in-law and standing in front of the bathroom entrance.

“That I should pay money at my son’s house?” That's not gonna happen! Elena Petrovna pushed me away and locked herself in the bathroom. Without hesitation, I closed my mother-in-law on the spingale and blocked the water in the house. Since she likes our bathroom so much, let her sit, I'm not sorry. I'll listen to the music for now. Half an hour later, my husband came back and opened the door. Elena Petrovna ran out screaming that her foot would not be here anymore. You didn't lie!

I have no regrets about what I did. Did I ask for much? I just want to live in peace. And fortunately, the last two weeks have been exactly that.

Tags

See also

New and interesting