I could not stand it and told my son that I would not live with this young lady in the same apartment, he did not choose the expression.

The life experience of a person is most often associated with bumps and bruises, acquired in the literal and figurative sense. And also with the winged expressions of famous people and folk wisdom.

Ancient Greek playwright, “father of tragedy” Aeschylus (525-456 BC) belongs to the phrase “Quae nocent, docent” (“Quae nocent, docent”).What hurts teaches), which linked human life experience with mistakes and then transformed into a more common analogue - "We learn from mistakes."

You will probably remember the Pushkin line here:
And experience, the son of difficult mistakes...

As the Roman comediographer Plautus (254-184 B.C.) put it: “Feliciter is sapit, qui periculo alieno sapit” (It is easy to become wise if one has learned from someone else’s experience). Pay attention, no bruises or bumps. Therefore, if you want to be wise with little blood, ask not the old one, but the experienced one. life-experience Quicker and easier to learn for a long time.

That Sunday August day turned out to be so hot that the mothers of infants from the houses standing next to them, as well as all last week, even in the evening did not venture to walk with babies, limiting themselves to a more comfortable morning walk from six to nine. Having bought and put to bed the babies, they left the sleepy children sitting at computer games to the fathers and gathered in their "club" - at a large table under birches in the courtyard of house No. 7. We had a light dinner in the fold.

And just as a conversation began about the upbringing and achievements of the kids, they were unexpectedly joined by the usually slightly detached friendly Rosalia Lazarevna. Not with empty hands, but with a huge cake of berry jelly and ice cream, water and fragrant chilled compote.

- “Girls, please welcome me to your company,” the woman asked. I want to treat you to the anniversary: I turned 55 yesterday.

What do you think, did the teammates agree to celebrate such a date together with a neighbor, although not particularly familiar? Of course I am. And congratulated, and wished all the best.

Suddenly Yulia, who lives with the anniversary girl on the same site, confusedly asked:
- Why didn’t you celebrate on your birthday?
- I was celebrating. In a restaurant, with colleagues. There was just no one home. My parents are gone. I was the only one. There are no relatives...
- What about the kids? the intruders questioned.

Rosalia sighed:
- I have one child, too. Son. Tim. Timothy, that is. But he stopped talking to me...
- So what happened?! - almost synchronously surprised the young mothers of boys. And whether in their voices Rosalia heard a sincere participation, or she really wanted to share, but she began to tell, without waiting for begging:

- That was seven years ago, when Tim spent six months in his first year of university, during his first vacation. Once I came from work, and at home my son and a stranger to me girl. He introduced Galochka (as he called her) and immediately said that they decided to get married, I will soon become a grandmother, and we will all live together. Is it possible to tell a mother this way without preparing? I still have no mind as soon as the tongue turned all this on me ...

And then more, this girl added fuel to the fire. He says that the parents, having learned about the pregnancy of the daughter, put her out, they say, let him go to the one who “rewarded” the child. So whether I want to or not, we have to put up with it. She even chose a room for the nursery - my bedroom, by the way.

Housing issue — Greyhound girl! — commented sitting opposite Rosalia Lazarevna young brown-haired.
- Here we go! Imagine what it was like at that moment, the narrator said. I couldn’t help but tell my son that I couldn’t live under the same roof. I don't want to. And Tim didn't choose tone or expression.

He hardly yelled when he demanded his half of our apartment, and it is best to pay money for it. Well, I thought I couldn't get along with him and such-and-such a daughter-in-law. After crying a few nights, I decided to sell my three-bedroom apartment with Tim and give the young people half of the money. It's a wedding gift. And here I bought one, there is still a repair...

Of course, I advised them to find a one-room studio, too. And then I would help to take a loan, I would take it on myself, so you could buy a three-room one. Now they’ve paid off, probably... But no. First, we went on a wedding trip, while Galkino's health allowed. Then they rented a big apartment. In three years, the money ran out... They came again to ask me, three of them, with their granddaughter Lisonka. How? Where?

I have said everything I think about their carelessness, stubbornness and irresponsibility. The cat has already cried for my words. That's how they rent. Granddaughter's sorry...

They haven't spoken to me since then. On the one hand, I feel good now, it turns out to save something, take care of my health and appearance, and look at the world. And on the other...

I understand that I could not properly prepare my son for an independent life on free bread. And when? How? After the death of her husband, and Timosha the tenth year went then, she pulled two jobs. But now I can live for myself, for pleasure ... — Rosalia sighed sadly. Young mothers had something to talk about days later.

What do you think they were talking about in the context of Rosalia and her son? Would you use her life experience?

Tags

See also

New and interesting