Alexander Usyk knocked out his opponent and defended his championship title, he dedicated the victory to his native country.

Recent battle Daniel Dubois ended in a crushing victory for the Ukrainian. How it all went and what were the first words of the winner in the ring, find out in today’s article.

Instagram / @usykaa Alexander Usyk fight Alexander Usyk and Daniel Dubois met in the boxing ring on Saturday, August 26. The battle took place in Wroclaw, Poland, which for many Ukrainians became almost a second home.

For Alexander, this fight was incredibly important. After all, it depended on him all the titles that the boxer has already won in the ring. A technical knockout in the 9th round led the boxer to the long-awaited result. Daniel Dubois was defeated!

Instagram / @usykaa The Battle of Usyk and Dubois was watched live by millions of people around the world. And it was really a spectacular sight. It all began calmly, with a kind of intelligence of the situation. But already in the second round, Usyk confidently stated that he was going to fight until victory. The next round brought Alexander a furious ovation of the public: he had a successful two. But Daniel was not behind, and so far the fight was smooth.

In the fourth round, Usyk continued to dodge all the blows of the Englishman. And he still tried to put the enemy on the shoulder blades. In the next round, Daniel made a mistake. He hit the Ukrainian in the groin, which grossly violated the rules of battle.

Instagram/@usykaa It made Usyk very angry and he went on a confident attack. In the sixth round, Alexander boxes actively and confidently. As a result, Dubois hardly has time to fight back. Then a new round, and Usyk again attacks the enemy.

In the eighth round, the Ukrainian put the Englishman on his knee. Daniel did not keep up with the pace of the opponent and looked unimportant. And in the ninth round, he fell again. The judges announced a technical knockout and Usyk's win. When it became known that Alexander won again, he arranged a real disco with dancing in the ring. There was a standing ovation in the hall.

The significance of winning the ring for both Usyk and Dubois was the 21st fight of his professional career. Daniel first boxed for the title of world champion. Alexander defended his title for the second time. And he managed to do it a hundredfold.

Instagram / @usykaa Immediately after the fight, the Ukrainian commented. He said: "I feel good. Thank you for your support, I dedicate this fight to my Ukraine and the Armed Forces of Ukraine, as well as the team, family and children. Thank God for everything and thank Ukraine!

I must say that not everyone expected the victory of the Mustache. Many people bet on Dubois because everyone knows the power of his punch. But Alexander himself did not feel it. Except that it hurt at the moment when the blow fell on the groin.

Instagram / @usykaa Interestingly, the Englishman does not admit that his hit broke the rules. He believes the blow was clean, so the referee had to defend Usyk's knockdown. If you’ve watched the fight, what point of view do you have? This was Daniel’s second defeat in his professional career. And he's not going to put up with the judges' results.

Instagram / @usykaa Usyk's next potential fight could go against Tyson Fury According to the boxer, he is ready to enter the ring. I wonder how Daniel Dubois’ story will end. Anyway, Usyk is not going to give the back either. He is ready to fight for his world title until the end.

Tags

See also

New and interesting