I am almost 60 years old, and in my life I regret only one thing: that I remained faithful to my husband for more than thirty years.

At 40, life is just beginning, and at 50 you are already summing up the interim results. It is these thoughts that increasingly haunt a woman’s head when age inexorably runs forward. At 40 and 45, a woman has a chance to change her life. After fifty, many simply came to terms with the inevitable point. The figure creeps inexorably wide, on the face more wrinkles, in the look of longing and disappointment. What do women over 50 regret? Why? feminineness Is it important even after thirty years of marriage?

Today, no one will be surprised by the variety of relationships between a man and a woman. Someone prefers a free relationship, someone has a guest marriage. Everyone chooses comfortable conditions so that the partner does not interfere with personal growth and development.

Today, the first place is not the family as a unit of society, but individuality. Family values have undergone such changes that it is sometimes difficult to call them family. A woman in the modern sense is not a cleaner and a cook in one bottle, but quite an independent personality.

When our mothers were raised, the foundations were completely different. “Take care of the dress, and honor to the young,” – so instructed our mothers. And each at 18 years old believed in true love, as in a fairy tale.

What about this story after 10 years of living together? And then the fairy tale turns into everyday life - and like a donkey in a circle: work, home, children. A woman could not think of herself or her desires. What do you think she wants, other than a vacation? Millions of women had no right to dream.

And the red line in the life of a woman was her chosen one - the legitimate and only husband. Divorce was not welcomed, so the head of the family had to endure in any form. Even drunk, even with fists.

And now to a woman without a dream was added a dissatisfied woman. Well, what can you dream about when marital duty is more like hard labor.

But the ring on the finger did not deprive the woman of attractiveness. And other men often noticed that. But this stereotype about the keeper of the family hearth and a faithful companion for life. He deprived the woman of even the opportunity to think about accepting the courtship of another man. The “no” was heard 99% of the time.

Still, there was the notorious 1% of women who decided on a light holiday romance or an official affair. In their hearts, they knew that in five years they would have the same life, only the face of the man on the couch would be different.

But these women had a powerful argument: "It will be remembered in old age." Unlike most of their girlfriends, who remained faithful to their husband on the couch. And they never knew the happiness of dreaming and wishing. And just knowing what could be different. What do you think is the role of women in society and the family? Write your thoughts in the comments.

Tags

See also

New and interesting