When Yura offered me to live together, I was taken aback, but still agreed, deciding that the stamp in the passport does not change anything.

“I want to live together!” said Yuri. His bold decision took me by surprise: I had anticipated a similar development, but not so quickly. The guy was pretty insistent, and I agreed to try living together before getting married. I was guided by the belief that the stamp in the passport does not change much in the relationship. Except for the worse, as experience shows.

I remember how the neighbor gave her daughter married: the wedding was chic, with a huge number of invited guests, with a limousine, a restaurant and the rest of the show. The newly formed family lasted six months, and then the newlyweds fled. Irreversible and forever.

Two years later there was a second wedding with another fiancé. It was a new restaurant, but with the same limo. There was only one difference: the newlyweds tried to live together for eight months before marriage. As a result, young people are still in a couple and raising a child. And thank God! Who will reimburse the mother for the double cost?

I met Yuri in my final year of university when I was studying in a neighboring city. The young man himself was a local. From the first day he started to take good care of me. We started dating and our dates continued until graduation. Having received a diploma in my hands, I went to my hometown. The guy didn’t plan to let me go and soon came to visit.

Since we lived in different communities, we had to make a choice: either part or move to a more responsible relationship. We talked, and the guy expressed a desire to move to my city, that is, to me. That's how life began.

What leads to a joint life, Yuri found a job here in his specialty, which expressed the seriousness of his intentions. And in the first few months, everything went smoothly. I tried to be an exemplary hostess, and he helped me with the housework. There were small quarrels between us, but the quarrels were attributed to my complex character. I have noticed that conflicts arise when a man is not sober. He loved and drank cheerfully. It alerted me.

My godmother has long explained: if you want to know a person better, drink him! There are two categories of men: some in a drunken state go to bed, and others under the influence of alcohol pulls “to exploits”. You are lucky if you came across the first option, because with the second one you can sigh with grief. Do not live together and hope that the husband will never sip alcohol, if he has a tendency to do so.

We were invited to visit once. I did not specifically drink Yuri, because he himself tried so much that it turned out to be “overkill”. If in the circle of friends the cohabitant behaved restrainedly and only occasionally expressed his dissatisfaction, then upon coming home he dispersed not jokingly and made a drunken brawl with assault.

In the morning, I explained to Yuri that I do not intend to live with him anymore. He tried to humiliate me and told me that no one wanted me. Seeing that the hurtful words did not affect me, the roommate began to persuade him to give him one last chance. But I was confident in the correctness of my decision, so I helped pack my things and pointed the man to the door.

My grandmother said of my husbands, “He raised his hand once, he’ll try again!” I didn’t want to test this theory in practice, and I believed the experience of previous generations.

Since childhood, I was brought up in the old traditions and taught that before marriage, you can neither live together nor enter into close relationships. But this story made me think that trying to live in a civil marriage is not such a bad idea: less red tape and financial costs!

What do you think about that?

Tags

See also

New and interesting