A candid story about how an ordinary Soviet family lived in the 70-80s, for lovers to discuss the past

Many people today are discussing how life was in the Soviet Union. As they say, each family has its own characteristics. There are two sides to every coin, so I want to do it today. go back And tell the story of her family, how she lived in the 70s and 80s of the last century. I want to say right away that we did not live in the capital or even in a city with a million people. An ordinary city, of which there were many in the Soviet Union.

My father worked in a factory. He had no higher education and was not a party figure. He was an ordinary hard worker with the right hands, for which he received 300 rubles in salary. Mom was a doctor at the hospital. She received 180 rubles, which included a surcharge and night duty. My grandmother, who lived with us, had a pension of about 70 rubles. In general, the income of our family was 550 rubles, which by those standards was very good.

Father and mother got a three-bedroom apartment. They paid nothing for its purchase, and utility payments in the heating season amounted to 12 rubles. My parents still live in this apartment today. Only now utility bills are about 7 thousand with heating. Yes, the income also increased slightly, but not enough to cover the difference.

As for the products in the stores. Of course, the sausage at 2.20 or 2.80 was not always. But if you really wanted, you could go to a co-operative store and buy it there. Of course, it cost one and a half times more, but my family could afford it. Not often, but I could. There was no problem with meat at all. You could always buy meat in the market. Any choice. And the cost of this meat was 3-4 rubles per kilogram.

A kilogram of meat could cook anything. I didn't want sausages anymore. And my mom and grandma always cooked a variety of meat delicacies in our kitchen. Today, to buy a kilogram of meat, you need a month not to pay for a room. And then a month not to eat meat to pay for communal.

What was life in the USSR The cheapest was public transport. On average, if you add up a variety of transport, it was somewhere around 5 kopecks. And the gasoline itself was cheaper and better. What can we say about spare parts, when in any city there was a repair plant and there was no shortage in spare parts. Today, the cost of public transport does not even cover all costs, and the price is only rising.

Yes, of course, there were downsides. Electronic equipment was very expensive. Not every family could afford to buy a TV. But if you bought a TV, it was for centuries. It's the same with other techniques. I still have a Soviet shredder and juicer at home. I think they just can't be broken. Today, the technique is cheap, but its quality is much worse. Children and young people used to watch TV.

Sections and circles at schools were always clogged. It was free and you could go wherever your heart wanted. Union tickets for 1/10 allow students to travel across the country. So, my class and I went almost every vacation.

And education was very different. We were taught to think and think. And the load was such that we had time for the mugs and in the yard to chase the ball and relax. And it was fashionable to study well. They didn't know about tutors at the time. And school knowledge was enough to enter the university on the budget and receive a five-year scholarship.

We can talk for a long time about the pros and cons of this system. It all depends on the person and their environment in the system. What do you remember from the Soviet past? Share your memories in the comments.

Tags

See also

New and interesting