As soon as the garden grew sorrel, Grandma cooked green borscht, I still remember its taste.

With the appearance of the first greens on the beds always want to cook classic green borscht. I associate it with summer and sunny days. I usually make green borscht with my mom's favorite recipe that I want to share with you.

Classic green borscht Ingredients
  • 0.5 kg of pork on the bone (better ribs)
  • 1 kg of potatoes
  • 1 medium-sized carrot
  • 5 grand chicken eggs
  • 1 medium-sized bulb
  • 1 bundle of fresh sorrel
  • 50g butter
  • 1 bundle of green onions
  • 1 bundle of dill greens and parsley
  • 200 ml sour cream or cream
  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1-2 bay leaves
  • salt and black pepper to taste

Preparation
  1. Wash the pork, put it in a large pan and boil it until ready. Then take out a piece of meat, remove the bone, and cut the fillet into portion pieces and return to the broth. Wash the potatoes, peel them off, cut them into small pieces, and stop cooking for the meat.

2. Free the onion from the husk and cut it finely. Clean B washed carrots and sodium on a medium grater. Heat the frying pan with vegetable oil, mix it with cream and pour the crushed bulb there. When the onion is slightly roasted, add grated carrots and carrots to it until ready. Mix vegetables with three spoons of sour cream, bring to a boil and remove from the fire.
  3. Hard-boiled eggs and cool them. Then remove the shells from the eggs and rub them on a large grater. Wash the sorrel under running water, shake off the excess moisture and tear the thick stems from the leaves. Collect the leaves in a bundle and cut them with a knife.

4. Rinse the green onion, parsley, dill and let the water drain. Then gently grind all the greens. When the potatoes are cooked, place stewed vegetables in a pan and let the dish boil. Then put sorrel, eggs and greens in the pan. Add salt, pepper and bay leaf to borscht.
  5. When the dish is boiling, taste it. If necessary, add salt or pepper. They serve green borscht to the table in deep plates, decorating with greens and a teaspoon of sour cream.

Classic green borscht: the advice of the editorial board Green borscht is recommended to cook on the meat that you love most. It used to be very popular to cook green borscht on whey or add fresh milk to the broth. In the spring, a dish is cooked with the addition of crushed young nettles to the sorrel.

You can use raw eggs. They are thoroughly shaken, and then poured into the boiling borscht with a thin trickle, actively stirring the broth with a spoon. Some hostesses add rice or millet to green borscht to make the dish thick. Onions with carrots can not be roasted, but put in a pan with potatoes.

If there is no time to cook the ribs for a long time, you can use meatballs from any meat. Sour cream is added to a pan or plate when served on the table. Sorch is better to pour into the pan in parts and try the dish to taste, so that borscht does not turn out too sour.

Green borscht contains oxalic acid, so it is not recommended to eat small children and people suffering from gout or diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.

Once in the park I met a young mother with a daughter, who at that time was a year and a half. The woman complained that she stayed up all night because her daughter had colic. I objected that colic usually goes away at 3 months. Then I asked her what she was feeding the baby. It turned out to be green borscht! As it turned out, the young mother did not know that children under the age of five can not give this dish.

Tags

See also

New and interesting