Grandma told about the joys of life in retirement, even when you get a penny

Looking at the calendar: sixth. It's my brother's birthday tomorrow, and it's over a week before retirement. A gift is no problem. Real life in retirement I learned not to worry about it. The money in the envelope, and even in the fold, will always be useful to him either for buying parts for Volkswagen, or for relaxing with friends on a fishing trip - he will not have time to look back, and then the new season ... The problem, rather, is how much I can allocate for this purpose, to please the birthday boy and have enough for a week. No, not that. We understand the convention of amounts and the meaning of the phrase “possible options”.

“There Are No Others” is the next lesson that echoes the real life of retirement impassively but impressively. And the phone book has fewer numbers, fewer and fewer votes on the phone on holidays, and more and more guests on birthdays. Sad. And yet...

Isaac Borisov has lines that I will write down, as I remember:

There will be life as it is old, from spring to spring.
Life has no end, life has a beginning.
Don't be afraid to be deaf by that silence.
Once upon a time, my heart was pounding.

And so it is joyful that there is no end, that silence can sound the voices of the living who remember and love the departed. I am happy because I share my opinion about the holidays of my adult daughter. She trusted me when she was in junior high, maybe even before. Well, I haven't dreamed of real life in retirement yet. Anya said:

- Happy birthdays. Christmas, Easter, New Year are some boundaries, signs. But on holidays they give gifts. Every day is a gift from life, God is what he thinks. So every day is a celebration! .

Of course I agreed. And since then, even in the most difficult, bitter days, I try to find in them something that will help to feel gratitude and joy. Not in a period of pain, but when it subsides.

Now I hardly bake cakes, pies, but there is a dream: our victory will come - bake your own. apple-cake. It's delicious and hearty. It is enough to have a tea party with this cake.

The ingredients
  • 3 tbsp flour
  • 300g butter from freezer and 200g soft, for cream
  • 2 eggs
  • 2.5 tables of sugar
  • 1 l + 1 tbsp sour cream
  • 2 kg apples
  • 1 tsp soda
  • juice of half a lemon, some salt

Preparation
  1. It is better to cook cakes in the morning on the eve of the treat, and layers of apples and cream should be applied in the evening so that the cake is well soaked at night. In sifted flour, sodium on a grater cold oil, rub the flour with butter into a crumb with your hands, add a glass of sour cream, soda extinguished with lemon juice and salt. Butter can be replaced with cream margarine of the highest grade. Then no salt.

2. Break the eggs with a glass of sugar and combine with other products. Mix the dough. Sometimes you may need to sprinkle up to a glass of flour if the sour cream is liquid or large eggs. The dough turns out soft, obedient, does not stick to the hands. Divide it into 7 or 8 parts, sprinkle a little flour, cover with film and put it in the refrigerator for an hour.
  3. Then thinly roll each part into a rectangle, cover the batter with parchment paper, put the rolled dough - bake for several minutes at a temperature of 180 °. Corges are roaring very quickly. It is good to have an assistant or assistant to optimize the process. Cooled crusts folded with a slide.
Syrup + cream Apples peel off the peel and sugar, cut into slices and decoctions in syrup (2 cups of water + 1 cup of sugar) until color changes. Make sure they don't get hot. Better take hard apples. Get the finished slices out with noise, cool it. Rub the soft butter for the cream. A liter of sour cream whip with a wreath with sugar and, without stopping stirring, gradually add sour cream whipped with sugar to the oil. The large cutting board is covered with parchment paper and form the cake in the following sequence: cake + apple slices + cream + cake + slices + cream and so on. Cream on top. Leave one cake, rub it in a small crumb, sprinkle the cake evenly and set it cold.

Real life in retirement

Before serving the cake, cut into portioned pieces, put on a dish. I hope my dream comes true... And real life in retirement gives and joys of gastronomic kind. In moderation, of course.

Tags

See also

New and interesting