They decided to buy new furniture, and give the old one to their son and daughter-in-law, but they are unhappy with this decision.

Sometimes it is difficult for different generations to understand each other. This is normal because they grew up at different times. Each person’s values are different. When they clash, there is conflict. Like the heroes of our history today. The woman decided to take out the old furniture and give it to the children. They were unhappy because they expected something different.

Editorial "Site" He tells you this story and asks you to judge who is right about it.

Recently, my husband and I took a look at our apartment and decided that it was time to update something. Everything looks good, because at the time we invested in repairs and furniture. I’m just a little tired, I want to change. We moved into this apartment at the end of zero. So we decided to change the furniture in the bedroom and kitchen.

It would be foolish to take out old furniture just to the trash, because everything there is still beautiful. So we decided we were going to ask the kids to take it. They had just moved into a new apartment and completed cosmetic repairs. My husband and I helped them with the down payment, borrowed money for repairs. But they still sleep on an inflatable mattress and eat on the floor. So we thought they could use some new stuff.

But that’s not what I expected, to be honest. The daughter-in-law, when she heard our proposal, shrugged her lips and twisted. The son seemed happy, but the reaction of his wife reduced his fervor. I asked what was wrong. She just muttered, My mom would never offer us old stuff. They would buy us new furniture.”

It really hurt me. So the daughter-in-law thinks that since we're old, we don't need new furniture. It is better to help a young family than to buy something. But we already helped with the apartment and repairs. And they themselves are not far advanced, only on the mattress and enough. Now the nose is spinning from good furniture.

I couldn’t stand it then and said to her, ‘Baby, let’s save up for at least this old stuff first, and then we’ll talk. As long as you have a cheap mattress and a pair of stools at home, you and I have nothing to talk about. If you don't want the furniture, we'll throw it away! I did not refuse the idea of renovating the furniture, but let them decide now. Do you think I did the right thing?

It seems to us that no one is obliged to sacrifice everything for the sake of children. Especially when they are adults and earning money. To say that since they are old, they don’t need anything new is silly. After all, the parents already invested in the apartment and repair. They want to help. We think we can take this help. After all, it is not forever, just need something to start decorating the apartment. So the heroine of the story correctly set its boundaries. I hope the children understand their mistake. What do you think about that?

Tags

See also

New and interesting