Mother-in-law told how to correctly alternate the layers in the “Fur coat”, only so comes out the desired taste

Every year for the holidays, I cook my favorite salad - "Herring under a fur coat." Each hostess has some variation of this dish, but I cook from year to year according to the classical formula. My mother-in-law taught me how to cook, and she was the one who showed me how to walk layers of fur coats in order. Since then, I have only cooked according to this scheme, otherwise it is not the same.

Editorial "Site" It tells you in what sequence you need to alternate the layers in your favorite salad.

Coat layers in order Ingredients
  • salt-herring
  • bow
  • carrot
  • beetroot
  • potatoes
  • mayonnaise
  • leaflet

Preparation
  1. For me, the key to the most delicious “coat” is the absence of unnecessary ingredients. I know a lot of people add boiled eggs, but this is another salad. I only use classic ingredients. I don’t give you the exact amount, it all depends on how much salad you plan to make. Now let's discuss in what sequence all these ingredients should be arranged.

2. So we have a herring at the bottom. It needs to be cleaned and cut in small cubes. I advise you to take herring, not preservatives. It tastes better.

3. Next comes the onions. It needs to be cut finely. Do not add too much onion, it is only necessary to emphasize the taste of herring.

4. Vegetables must be pre-boiled and cooled. Then rub it on a large grater. Now we place vegetables alternately. After onions, the third layer is potatoes, followed by carrots. The fourth layer is beets.

5. A layer of mayonnaise on top. Only one, there is no need to add mayonnaise between the layers. Then the salad will be too fatty. Salt is not needed, because the herring is already salty. Before serving the salad, you need to put it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours so that everything is soaked. Then you can decorate a sprig of greenery and serve on the table.

This is what the coat should be in order. I do not accept any other sequence, although everyone is free to do as he pleases. Only "Herring under a fur coat" will not surprise anyone, so you can look for other unusual salads. For example, salad "Louise" by the recipe of Olga Matvey. There should be variety on the table. What are you going to cook this year?

Tags

See also

New and interesting