My sister's about to do a fancy wedding, even though she's got nothing in her pocket, she thinks I should pay for it.

The cost of the wedding is very high. However, this does not stop many people. They're still having great holidays. The sister of the hero of our story also wanted a celebration, but she did not have money for it. Should a brother pay for his sister’s holiday?

Today's edition. "Site" He tells a story and asks you to answer that question.

There is nothing new in my story. I have a younger sister, Oksana. The difference between us is 16 years. The parents had been trying for a long time to have a second child, so she was welcome. And, of course, parents from childhood indulged all her whims. It didn't bother me much, but at some point they should have stopped. And they certainly didn't.

When Oksana was born, her parents were quite wealthy. They just started their own business, and things went uphill. But soon they burned out and were left with a lot of debt. I started helping my parents a little because I saw how difficult it was for them. My father worked as a taxi driver and my mother as a nurse in the hospital. You know, the earnings are small.

After school, I went to study at a local university, so as not to burden my parents financially. Sophomore got a job. That's how we did it. Then I got a permanent job, got married. My wife and I started living with our parents. It's a good thing we have a big house that my parents got from my grandfather.

My little sister was happy with such a calm and measured life. But my sister was never enough. After school, she decided to study in another city. And not somewhere, but in the capital. My parents agreed, even though I told everyone not to. Still, securing a sister's life in the capital is an expensive pleasure. But the sister said that it was not her problem, and her parents simply accepted her decision.

The first year they still managed, but then it became quite difficult. They asked me to pay my sister at least an apartment. I didn’t want to do that, but I couldn’t leave my parents in that position. My dad worked for days and my mom started working in the evenings. Even so, they missed it.

It was with grief that we learned our sister in the capital. We thought she'd get a job and breathe out. But she came home. Said she wanted a break from school. I was amazed at how infantile she was. I tried to talk to her more than once, to tell her that it was already difficult for her parents. But all my words seemed to vanish into thin air. Oksane's parents did not contradict her and decided to provide for her while she rests.

Her year of rest stretched to 3. Her only accomplishment during this time was to find a boyfriend. Oksana's getting married. Of course, this is good news, if not for one nuance. My sister wanted a grand wedding. She doesn’t have a penny in her pocket and her parents don’t have any money either. So they decided with their whole family that I, as an older brother, should bear all the costs.

Honestly, it pissed me off. Parents do whatever Oksana wants. And let it be, but why is it all on me? I had my first child a year ago. And if you ask if anyone helped us in any way, I'll say no. Mom doesn't even have time to sit with her grandson because she's always on a side job. I'm not talking about money.

But when it comes to Oksana, it is not even discussed. I don't even know what to do. The cost of the wedding is quite high, for me alone the amount is unaffordable. Unless you spend all the savings my wife and I saved up for an apartment. But if I refuse, my parents will be offended. And, most likely, they will get into new debts to still pay for the holiday. What do I do?

The audacity of the sister, of course, crosses all boundaries. It is a pity that parents do not understand this and follow the lead of their daughter. It would be one thing if there were more money. And it falls on my brother's shoulders. Of course, helping the family is important and necessary, but there must be a line. Perhaps the hero of history should refuse to pay the cost of the wedding. Otherwise, the sister will sit on his neck for the rest of his life. What do you think of this situation?

Tags

See also

New and interesting