Caring mommy each put $1,000 in an envelope, but she was convicted

“Money after the sale of the apartment I am going to spend on myself, and how else?” – confidently says Elena Dmitrievna. The woman sold her house, which she rented to tenants for many years. She did not tell her adult son about her actions. How would a man and his wife react when they live in a rented apartment? The most interesting thing is further in the article.

At one time I was very lucky to become the owner of two apartments. In one, 2-room, I have lived my whole life. The second, 3-room, I started renting out to tenants. At the time, I was 40 years old and my son was finishing school. My husband and I separated when we were young and I haven’t had anyone since.

My son went to study in the capital. I must say that our relationship with him was never close. That's why Kostya wanted to leave me as soon as possible. Well, at least I did a good job. He received a scholarship and lived in a hostel. And after graduation, he began to live with his girlfriend and got a job in the profession. During all this time he came home no more than 5 times. So I wasn't really into his personal life.

In the meantime, I was working at school and doing my own real estate. It seems easy: rented out the apartment and get paid every month. But in fact, you have to fix something, then argue with neighbors, then deal with lodgers. Sometimes they delay the payment or even want me to reduce the rent.

I'm not a very conflicted person. I’m always trying to help, to help. But sometimes they just take advantage of me. So I'm learning to track those moments. For example, when my son got married, he and his new wife thought I would give them my 3-room apartment. They kept calling me and asking about it. But that's not why I bought a house!

My son is on his feet, he has to think about his own housing. I told him at the start that you have to think about these things in advance. For example, start saving money for an apartment. But he wouldn't listen. Calling a girl to marry is not much. It's like I haven't been in the same situation before!

My son and I had a big fight at the time. And her daughter-in-law was already pregnant. She told me not to count on talking to my grandson. And I didn't want to. Children, I confess, have always been indifferent. I will not run in front of my son and daughter-in-law on errands because I am being blackmailed. It's manipulation!

Over time, this situation somehow hushed up. I eventually met my grandson. But I can't say I got it. I don’t like my daughter-in-law or the way she raises children. But I don't want to get involved. Let them do what they want.

I do the same thing myself. I just sold my trench. Tired! I want to live for myself and not think about tomorrow. The money after the sale of the apartment began to spend on themselves. Finally went abroad. Modest, but still better than nothing.

My son decided not to talk about selling the apartment. Instead, for the new year gave him, his wife and baby an envelope. I put $1,000 in each. The guys opened the envelopes when I left. My son immediately called to find out where I had so much money.

That's when I told the truth. Kostya was shocked. I started swearing, why didn't I tell you how I could do that and all that. No one is thinking about my wishes in this situation. The new year is approaching, so much time has passed, and the son is still sulking. He says I only think about myself. No one remembers the money I gave my family. Like they never were. And that's where I took the wrong turn?

Life Wisdom: What does this story teach us? Elena Dmitrievna is not one of those mothers who will babysit their children for the rest of their lives. And she has every right to do so. She doesn't have to let her son know when she's going to do something. I don’t think the woman is to blame for anything. The provision of housing is not her problem. What do you think?

Tags

See also

New and interesting