Having tried Kherson borscht with pebbles, I do not cook differently, the most satisfying option

I like the spoon in the borscht! Today I suggest you familiarize yourself with the intricacies of cooking borscht in Kherson. In Kherson, the hostess cook incredibly nourishing borscht. It satisfies hunger for a long time, gives strength, warms on the grayest and drenched day, inspires new achievements. I used to not cook borscht, but for the last 7 months, some kind of force is pulling me to the stove. The other day I tried the Kherson version of my favorite dish, impressed! You, dear reader, will not regret it.

Borscht with pebbles Ingredients
  • 400 g of turkey meat with bone (you can take a soup chicken set)
  • 2.5 liters of water
  • 5 large potatoes
  • 300g white cabbage
  • 2 beets
  • 3 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1 onion
  • 2 tbsp tomato paste
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tbsp flour
  • 1 egg
  • 0.1 tsp ground black pepper
  • 1 tsp dill
  • 1 head of garlic
  • 1 bay leaf

Preparation
  1. As you know, the most hearty borsch is cooked on meat broth. Boil meat with bone in slightly salted water for about 1 hour.

2. Every cook praises his borscht! Take the meat out of the broth, separate it from the bone. The broth is clean, let it be transparent.
  3. Peeled potatoes cut in cubes and put in broth. Leave him languishing on a little fire.

4. Peel the beets and sodium on a medium grater. Roast your favorite supermodel vegetable in vegetable oil. When the beets become soft and brown, feel free to send it to a boiling broth.
  5. Cut the onions fine, fine. Fry it in vegetable oil. When the onions become golden, send the tomato paste into the pan and extinguish the dressing for a little more, about 4 minutes. Now, with a clear conscience, add it to the broth!

6. The meat on which the broth was boiled, also place in the pan at this stage.
At what stage you need to add cabbage to Kherson borscht. Many housewives argue about when to send cabbage to borscht. To be sure that the cabbage will retain the state of al dente, and not turn into porridge, send it to the pan when the potato is half cooked. It's time for pebbles! Mix the egg, flour and salt, mix the dough. Don't forget to sift through the flour, please! Roll off the sausage dough, carefully cut into small roundies. Send the pebbles to the borscht 5 minutes before the meal is ready.

When the lush pebbles begin to swim on the scarlet surface of borscht, quickly remove the pan from the stove. Add a finely cut garlic head, ground pepper, dry dill, bay leaf. Let the borscht brew for 30 minutes. Serve with sour cream or mayonnaise, who likes it? Bon appetit and good health!

You think pebbles are that. borschThe soul that sings? Maybe. Or maybe the secret ingredient is the love of the hostess. Love for native places, for neighbors and close people. Love for freedom, respect for others, goodwill and optimism. Winter will fly by like a day if you cook borscht often. Its warming power will help you endure the cold, comfort and nourish you with the power of your ancestors.

Earlier we told why hardworking Galician housewives do not pour vinegar into borscht. Try their recipe, I recommend it. May peace and happiness live in your home, thank you for staying with us!

Tags

See also

New and interesting